Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
This collection contains the papers of Ralph Minthorne Brown, Virginia Tech head librarian (1926-1947), amateur historian and naturalist. It includes materials on Virginia Tech and local history, including typed transcripts of sources gathered for an intended history of Virginia Tech. Also included are Brown's Blacksburg ornithological and weather observations, a bibliography of Matthew Fontaine Maury, and other writings.
Director of Agricultural Experiment Station at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 1917-1945; assistant director of Agricultural Experiment Station, 1945 until his retirement in 1948. Collection consists of a Daily Desk Diary, which mentions persons and events in Blacksburg and at Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
Artist and former professor of architecture at Virginia Tech. Collection consists of twenty-two sketches and drawings done by Frazer of nudes and scenes of Blacksburg, Virginia, and the southwest Virginia region. Images available online.
The William E. Garnett Papers consist of field notes, surveys, reports, class notes, letters to the editors of Montgomery County, Virginia, newspapers, and reprints of publications.
This collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech alumnus and agricultural information editor.It contains correspondence and notes relating to the histories Blacksburg, the Preston family, and Smithfield Plantation (including maps of the grounds and the cemetery). It also contains a few campus photographs and printed materials related to Virginia Tech.
This collection contains the scrapbooks of Emmett Russell Price, professor of Agricultural Journalism at VPI, from 1910-1944. The scrapbooks consist of newspaper clippings about Blacksburg and VPI.
The Harvey Lee Price Papers contain handwritten notes and genealogies of various Montgomery County families which Price used to write his four volume series Outlines of Montgomery County Families. Also included are Price's subject files on the county and Virginia and his diplomas from VPI.
- Montgomery County (Va.) 11
- University History 11
- Civil War 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- University Archives 2
- African Americans -- History 1
- Community theater 1
- Diaries 1
- Photographs 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 9
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Frazer, George Preston 1
- Garnett, William E. (William Edward), 1885-1970 1
- Hill, Henry H. (Henry Harris Bunker) 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Price family 1
- Price, Emmett Russell, 1874-1944 1
- Price, Harvey Lee, 1874-1951 1
- Sanders, Harry W. (Harry Warinner), 1895-1984 1 ∧ less