Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Blacksburg [Virginia] Odd Fellows Records consist of financial records, correspondence, minute books, brochures of several annual conferences, by-laws and odd issues of the Odd Fellows Journal for the men's lodge, Tadmore Light Lodge No. 6184 of the Grand United Order of Odd Fellows. The collection also contains correspondence, minutes and financial records for the women's group, the Household of Ruth.
This collection includes the papers of Gary Ann Giovanni, a chef, caterer, and cooking teacher active in Blacksburg, Virginia. The collection contains records, menus, and recipes from her catering jobs and from the cooking classes she taught for the local YMCA Open University. Materials also relate to the various community organizations for which Gary worked or volunteered, and some materials are associated with her sister, poet Nikki Giovanni.
The bulk of the materials in the Independent Order of St. Luke Records, a social-welfare organization for African Americans, consist of handbooks, correspondence, receipts, programs, membership records, annual reports, and assessment reports of the Order, collected primarily from members in Blacksburg, Virginia. Also includes the minutes (1920-1938) of the Blacksburg chapters of the Busy Bee and Maggie L. Walker (Secretary of the Independent Order of St. Luke) Circles.
- Montgomery County (Va.) 3
- Community theater 1
- Faculty 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Theater -- United States 1
- Giovanni, Gary Ann, 1940-2005 1
- Giovanni, Nikki 1
- Grand United Order of Odd Fellows in America. Tadmore Light Lodge #6184 (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Independent Order of St. Luke (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- YMCA at Virginia Tech 1 + ∧ less