Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection contains an Internal Revenue collections account book kept by J. A. Brown of Martinsville, Virginia, from 1889-1892.
The collection consists of a letter from Joseph G. Dill to Daniel C. E. Brady, written from Richmond, Virginia, on May 30, 1862. Dill writes Brady on a variety of topics including recent war news, the challenges of sending mail through conflict zones, a recent fishing party, the warther, and the price of goods.
This collection contains a glass plate with the image of a moonshine still near Ivanhoe, Virginia, c.1932. There are also two black and white prints from the plate.
The Thomas Lilley Distilling Account contains a record of rum distilling kept on a repurposed printed Virginia Militia inventory return.
The collection contains breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and beverage menus from the Norfolk & Western Railway, as well as two unused carbon copy checks for Norfolk & Western Railway's Dining Car Service.
The Stimmel Distilling Company Form consists of a single form with a price list on one side and an order blank on the reverse.
The Virginia Brewing Company letter was written on September 27, 1909 by Louis A. Scholz, President of the company, and Henry Scholz, Secretary and Treasurer of the company requesting support for anti-Prohibition laws in Virginia.
- Cocktail History Collection 6
- Agriculture 1
- Civil War 1
- Correspondence 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Prohibition -- United States -- History 1
- Railroad 1
- Roanoke (Va.) 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Brown, J. A. (Deputy tax collector, Martinsville, Va.) 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Scholz, Henry 1