Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The collection contains a ledger with accounts kept by "Dr. C. B. Gardner Depository of the Treasury in a/c with the Treasury of the Confederate States" of Christiansburg, Virginia.
Letter from James G. Paxton to Major William McLaughlin. Writing from Salem, Virginia, informs McLaughlin that his name is being put forward as a possible candidate for the Virginia Senate.
This collection consists of applications for pension from Confederate veterans and/or their widows residing in Roanoke, VA. Although undated, these applications are likely from the 1910s-1930s.
The collection contains a Virginia election ticket for the November 6, 1861, Confederate election. It includes the names of candidates for sixteen districts; Jefferson Davis for President, and A.H. Stephens for Vice President; and state representative candidates, John R. Edmunds and Allen T. Caperton.
The Virginia Election Collection contains United States polls and ballots collected from Amelia County, Virginia from 1804-1865.
- Confederate States of America 5
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 5
- Civil War 4
- Montgomery County (Va.) 2
- Advertisements 1
- Advertising cards 1
- Christiansburg (Va.) 1
- Confederate States of America -- Army -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- Correspondence 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Photographs 1
- Postcards 1
- Religion 1
- Roanoke (Va.) 1
- Roanoke County (Va.) 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- Trade cards 1
- University History 1
- Virginia -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Confederate States of America. Department of the Treasury 1
- Gardner, C. B. 1
- Paxton, James G. 1
- United Confederate Veterans. W.F. Martin Camp #1590. Wm. Watts Camp (Roanoke, Virginia) 1
- Virginia. General Assembly 1