Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
Bridges & Sanders, New River Nursery Receipt,
The collections contains a receipt for D. S. Peirce dated September 18, 1874, for the purchase of apples from the New River Nursery in Jackson's Ferry, Wythe County, Va.
Alexander W. Brown Diaries
This collection contains seven daily diaries (1904, 1909-1912, 1916, 1921) of Alexander W. Brown, traveling salesman in the food product business.
J. A. Brown Account Book
This collection contains an Internal Revenue collections account book kept by J. A. Brown of Martinsville, Virginia, from 1889-1892.
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions,
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions was printed in Salem, Virginia in September 1851, and it contains directions on how to use C. M. Burnett's patent beveled wheat fan.
C. E. Sydnor & Co. Letters to Tarter Bros.
This collection contains three letters from Richmond merchant C. E. Snydor & Co. to the Tarter Brothers of Wythe County, primarily related to the purchase and shipment of cabbages.
Katherine G. Cary Manuscript Recipe Book,
This collection consists of a recipe book containing printed and handwritten recipes compiled by Katherine G. Cary. Recipes include soups, breads, fish, salad dressing, sauces, pickles, and more.
Bettie D. Cramer Manuscript Book,
The collection consists of a manuscript receipt book created by/belonging to Bettie D. Cramer of Wheeling, West Virginia, c. 1883. The notebook contains recipes, housekeeping tips, and elocution exercises.
Joseph G. Dill Letter to Daniel C. E. Brady
The collection consists of a letter from Joseph G. Dill to Daniel C. E. Brady, written from Richmond, Virginia, on May 30, 1862. Dill writes Brady on a variety of topics including recent war news, the challenges of sending mail through conflict zones, a recent fishing party, the warther, and the price of goods.
Dr. Thomas' Eclectric Oil Trade Card
The Dr. Thomas' Eclectric Oil trade card is an advertisement for a cure-all serum marketed most popularly during the Victorian era. This particular trade card was distributed by James Aumann, M.D.—a druggist and chemist from Wytheville, Virginia.
Gary Ann Giovanni Culinary Papers,
This collection includes the papers of Gary Ann Giovanni, a chef, caterer and cooking teacher active in Blacksburg, Virginia. The collection contains records, menus, and recipes from her catering jobs and from the cooking classes she taught for the local YMCA Open University. Also includes material related to the various community organizations for which Gary worked or volunteered, and some material associated with her sister, poet Nikki Giovanni.
- Cocktails -- History 6
- Cocktail History Collection 5
- Agriculture 3
- Food Technology and Production 3
- Correspondence 2
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Roanoke (Va.) 2
- Women -- History 2
- Wythe County (Va.) 2
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Civil War 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- Greenbrier County (W. Va.) 1
- Home economics 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Prohibition -- United States -- History 1
- Railroad 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia -- History 1
- West Virginia 1
- Wine and wine making 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Bralley, John, 1797-1866 1
- Bridges & Sanders. New River Nursery 1
- Brown, Alexander W. , 1878-? 1
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- Cary, Katherine Roy Gordon, b.1895 1
- Cramer, Bettie (Elizabeth?) D., b. abt. 1838? 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Figgat, Nancy Godwin 1
- Giovanni, Gary Ann, 1940-2005 1
- Godwin, Ann 1
- Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.) 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- Litchfield, Elizabeth Pannill Pierce, abt. 1844-1892 1
- Litchfield, Mary Louisa, abt. 1828-1906 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Peacock Harper Culinary Friends 1
- Porterfield family (Giles County, Va.) 1
- Scholz, Henry 1
- Scholz, Louis A. 1
- Stimmel Distilling Company (Norfolk, Va) 1
- Tarter Bros. (Rural Retreat, Va.) 1
- The Virginia Brewing Company (1889-1916) (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- Virginia Winery Cooperative 1 + ∧ less