Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
The Agrico Farmer's Account Book contains handwritten notes throughout from an unidentified farmer. The entries include documentation of cattle birth and sales. The book was published by the American Agricultural Chemical Company to advertise Agrico fertilizer.
The collections contains a receipt for D. S. Peirce dated September 18, 1874, for the purchase of apples from the New River Nursery in Jackson's Ferry, Wythe County, Va.
This collection contains seven daily diaries (1904, 1909-1912, 1916, 1921) of Alexander W. Brown, traveling salesman in the food product business.
This collection contains an Internal Revenue collections account book kept by J. A. Brown of Martinsville, Virginia, from 1889-1892.
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions was printed in Salem, Virginia in September 1851, and it contains directions on how to use C. M. Burnett's patent beveled wheat fan.
This collection contains three letters from "produce commission merchant" C. E. Sydnor & Co. of Richmond, Virginia, to the Tarter Brothers of Rural Retreat, primarily related to the purchase and shipment of cabbages.
This collection consists of a recipe book containing printed and handwritten recipes compiled by Katherine G. Cary. Recipes include soups, breads, fish, salad dressing, sauces, pickles, and more.
The collection consists of a manuscript receipt book created by/belonging to Bettie D. Cramer of Wheeling, West Virginia, c. 1883. The notebook contains recipes, housekeeping tips, and elocution exercises.
The collection consists of a letter from Joseph G. Dill to Daniel C. E. Brady, written from Richmond, Virginia, on May 30, 1862. Dill writes Brady on a variety of topics including recent war news, the challenges of sending mail through conflict zones, a recent fishing party, the warther, and the price of goods.
The Dr. Thomas' Eclectric Oil trade card is an advertisement for a cure-all serum marketed most popularly during the Victorian era. This particular trade card was distributed by James H. S. Aumann, M.D., a druggist and chemist from Wytheville, Virginia.
- Cocktails -- History 7
- Cocktail History Collection 6
- Agriculture 4
- Food Technology and Production 4
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Roanoke (Va.) 2
- Virginia -- History 2
- Women -- History 2
- Wythe County (Va.) 2
- African Americans -- History 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Civil War 1
- Correspondence 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- Greenbrier County (W. Va.) 1
- Home economics 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Prohibition -- United States -- History 1
- Railroad 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- West Virginia 1
- Wine and wine making 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less
- American Agricultural Chemical Company 1
- Aumann, James H. S. 1
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Bralley, John, 1797-1866 1
- Bridges & Sanders. New River Nursery 1
- Brown, Alexander W. , 1878-? 1
- Brown, J. A. (Deputy tax collector, Martinsville, Va.) 1
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- C. E. Sydnor & Co. (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Cary, Katherine Roy Gordon, b.1895 1
- Cramer, Bettie (Elizabeth?) D., b. abt. 1838? 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Figgat, Nancy Godwin, 1835-1919 1
- Giovanni, Gary Ann, 1940-2005 1
- Giovanni, Nikki 1
- Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.) 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- Litchfield, Elizabeth Pannill Pierce, abt. 1844-1892 1
- Litchfield, Mary Louisa, abt. 1828-1906 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Peacock Harper Culinary Friends 1
- Porterfield family (Giles County, Va.) 1
- Scholz, Henry 1
- Scholz, Louis A. 1
- Stimmel Distilling Company (Norfolk, Va) 1
- Tarter Bros. (Rural Retreat, Va.) 1
- The Virginia Brewing Company (1889-1916) (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- United States. Bureau of Internal Revenue 1
- Virginia Winery Cooperative 1
- YMCA at Virginia Tech 1 + ∧ less