Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Four wartime letters and a post-war diary of Daniel Blain, a Confederate soldier in the 1st Rockbridge Artillery during the American Civil War and later a Presbyterian minister in Rockbridge County, Virginia.
The collection consists of a letter from Joseph G. Dill to Daniel C. E. Brady, written from Richmond, Virginia, on May 30, 1862. Dill writes Brady on a variety of topics including recent war news, the challenges of sending mail through conflict zones, a recent fishing party, the warther, and the price of goods.
This colelction includes correspondence and financial/ legal papers of the Alexander McNutt Glasgow family of Rockbridge County, Virginia.
This collection contains professional records and personal correspondence of Charles W. Hardin, a physician from Augusta County, Virginia.
Letter from James G. Paxton to Major William McLaughlin. Writing from Salem, Virginia, informs McLaughlin that his name is being put forward as a possible candidate for the Virginia Senate.
Student at the Union Theological Seminary in Prince Edward County, Virginia. Letter written on May 13, 1847, to his friend James H. Orbison encouraging him to attend the seminary and suggesting they meet at Natural Bridge in Rockbridge County, Virginia.
- Civil War 4
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 4
- African Americans -- History 1
- Augusta County (Va.) 1
- Cocktail History Collection 1
- Cocktails -- History 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Correspondence 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Letters 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia -- Maps 1 ∧ less
- Blain, Daniel 1
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Glasgow family 1
- Paxton, James G. 1
- Whaley, F. N. 1 ∧ less