Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The collection consists of Edgemont Farm record books, papers, and correspondence relating to the history, operations, and sale of Edgemont Farm in Halifax County, Virginia, and to the Barksdale and Hutcheson families, former owners of the farm. The collection includes correspondence between John R. Hutcheson and T. B. Hutcheson, Jr., as well as other correspondence of Thomas B. Hutcheson, Jr.; maps, correspondence, and Deed of Trust with David Barksdale regarding the sale of the farm.
The collection contains the personal and professional papers of Virginia Tech associate Jean Haskell-Speer.
This collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech alumnus and agricultural information editor.It contains correspondence and notes relating to the histories Blacksburg, the Preston family, and Smithfield Plantation (including maps of the grounds and the cemetery). It also contains a few campus photographs and printed materials related to Virginia Tech.
The John Murray Papers document the participation of John Murray, a Virginia Tech chemistry professor from 1942 to 1971, in Virginia's ornithological community. Collected materials include manuscript articles, scholarly correspondence, and bird watching logs which focus largely on Montgomery County, Virginia.
The collection contains student papers from Dr. George Green Shackelford's Historic Preservation classes at Virginia Tech, spanning 1963-1989.
- University History 7
- Blacksburg (Va.) 3
- Montgomery County (Va.) 3
- African Americans -- History 1
- Agriculture 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 6
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 5
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 3
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 2
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Edgemont Farm 1
- Eggleston, J. D. (Joseph Dupuy), 1867-1953 1
- Haskell-Speer, Jean 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, T. B. (Thomas Barksdale), d.1950 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Shackelford, George Green, 1921-2010 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Department of History 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1 ∧ less