Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
Alexander W. Brown Diaries
This collection contains seven daily diaries (1904, 1909-1912, 1916, 1921) of Alexander W. Brown, traveling salesman in the food product business.
Catlett Conway Correspondence,
The collection consists of 65 letters written between Catlett Conway and family members during the years 1892-1920.
Richard B. Dickenson Papers,
The collection is composed of materials related to Dickenson's research on Southwest Virginia African Americans from the Civil War until the present.
James and Rosa Evans Store Ledgers,
This collection consists of 2 ledgers, one from 1919-1920 and the other from 1932-1934. The ledgers contain purchases and payments from the patrons of a general store owned by James and Rosa Evans in the Pennington Gap--St. Charles area of Virginia.
Lewis M. Foster Letter,
The collection includes a single letter from Lewis M. Foster to his mother, written near Petersburg, Virginia, December 1864.
J. Hoge Tyler and His Daughter (Eliza "Lily" Tyler)
J. D. Kingsbury Papers
Papers of J. D. Kingsbury, a missionary of the American Sunday-School Union of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, working in Monongalia and Marion counties, Virginia (now West Virginia), in 1854. Includes letters from American Sunday-School Union officers, a missionary working in counties adjacent to Kingsbury's, and J. S. McKinney of Palatine; and a form letter appointing Kingsbury as missionary.
New Alexandria Land and River Improvement Company Ledgers,
The collection includes two ledgers for the New Alexandria Land and River Improvement Company dated from 1892-1906. The ledgers contain documentation of transactions, land sales, commissions, and loans with detailed accounts of revenues and interest.
R.K. McCoy General Store
unframed picture; on back ""Main & Turner Campus Exxon""
G. E. Roberts Letter
The G. E. Roberts Letter contains information pertaining to an African American man shooting a white doctor, Dr. Hammet, in Christiansburg, VA. The letter is written to Walter J. Reeve in Central Depot, VA on February 8, 1874.
- Virginia -- History 14
- Civil War 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- African Americans -- History 2
- Politicians -- United States 2
- Slavery -- United States 2
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- General stores -- Virginia -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Lee County (Va.) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 1
- Presidents -- United States 1
- Railroad 1
- Receipts (financial records) 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) 1
- Religion 1
- Staunton (Va.) 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- West Virginia 1 + ∧ less
- Bob (enslaved person) 1
- Brown, Alexander W. , 1878-? 1
- Conway, Battaile Fitzhugh Taliaferro 1
- Conway, Catlett, 1840-1920 1
- Conway, Henry 1
- Conway, John C. 1
- Conway, Mary Wallace 1
- Conway, William Buchanan, 1845-1920 1
- Dickenson, Richard B., 1930-2006 1
- Evans, James Ransom, 1874-1952 1
- Evans, Rosa Belle Kirk, 1879-1970 1
- Foster, Lewis M., b. abt. 1844 1
- Hammet, James Preston, d. 1879 1
- Kingsbury, J. D. 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-) 1
- New Alexandria Land and River Improvement Company (1888-1928) 1
- Peter (enslaved person) 1
- Roberts, George E. , 1834-1887 1
- Tyler, James Hoge, 1846-1925 1
- Virginia Central Railroad Company 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Library 1
- Wilson, Eliza (Lily) Tyler 1
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 1 + ∧ less