Showing Collections: 11 - 19 of 19
Reprinted by American Heritage (journal).
Description of coverage area from the map: "This Northerne part of Virginia (the limitts whereof extend farther Southwards) is heere inserted for better description of the entrance into the Bay of Chesapeack."
Map is Hendrick Hondius' derivation from John Smith's 1612 maps of the same geographic area. Contains a British coat of arms and illustrations of a native Virginian (facing the Chesapeake Bay) and Powhatan's court. Reproduction is a photocopy.
The Marches of Lord Cornwallis in the Southern Provinces, Now States of North America Comprehending the Two Carolinas, with Virginia and Maryland and the Deleware Counties (reproduction)
Reproduction is a photocopy in two parts. Map contains a color key indicating specific marches, but black and white photocopy does not allow for deciphering the map according to the key.
Lewis' 1794 map comes from The General Atlas for Carey's Edition of Guthrie's Geography Improved, published in 1795.
This 1970 reproduction consists of the geographic regions of Virginia and Maryland as charted in 1670, and it contains illustrations of the cartographer, native peoples, and a coat of arms.
This 1967 reproduction consists of the geographic regions of Virginia and Maryland as charted in 1670, and it contains illustrations of the cartographer, native peoples, and a coat of arms.
Map contains a small British coat of arms and illustrations of a native Virginian (facing away from the Chesapeake Bay) and Powhatan's court. Includes explanatory historical text underneath the illustrations.
Based on a chart by Iodocus Hondius, 1607.
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Maps -- Early works to 1800 2
- United States -- Maps -- Early works to 1800 -- Facsimiles 2
- English 16
- Latin 3
- Historic Urban Plans (Firm) 3
- Faithorne, William, 1616-1691 2
- Fry, Joshua, approximately 1700-1754 2
- Herrman, Augustine, 1621-1686 2
- Jefferson, Peter, 1708-1757 2
- Seller, John, fl. 1658-1698 2
- Smith, John, 1580-1631 2
- Withinbrook, Thomas 2
- Aitken, Robert, 1735-1802 1
- Bassett, Thomas (Bookseller) 1
- Blaeu, Willem Janszoon, 1571-1638 1
- Brosig, P. 1
- Bry, Theodor de, 1528-1598 1
- Carey, Mathew, 1760-1839 1
- Chiswell, Richard 1
- Cornwallis, Charles Cornwallis, Marquis, 1738-1805 1
- Desandroüins, Jean Nicolas, 1729-1792 1
- Du Simitière, Pierre Eugène, approximately 1736-1784 1
- Edward H. Richardson Associates, Inc 1
- Faden, William, 1749-1836 1
- Fairfax Library Publications 1
- Fairfax, Thomas Fairfax, Lord, 1693-1781 1
- Hole, William, d.1624 1
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651 1
- Jefferys, Thomas, d.1771 1
- Lamb, Francis 1
- Lewis, Samuel, 1753 or 1754-1822 1
- O'Hara, Charles, 1740-1802 1
- Raleigh, Walter, Sir, 1552?-1618 1
- Russell, John 1
- Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794 1
- Senex, John, d.1740 1
- Simcoe, John Graves, 1752-1806 1
- Speed, John, 1552?-1629 1
- Symonds, H. D. (Henry Delahoy) 1
- Tarleton, Lieutenant-General (Banastre), 1754-1833 1
- The Meriden Gravure Company 1
- Warner, John 1
- White, John, fl.1585-1593? 1 + ∧ less