Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
Papers of Anthony L. Asher, who served as a U. S. Army explosives instructor staff officer in France during World War I and later organized and commanded Company K, 150th Infantry, West Virginia National Guard during the West Virginia mine wars. Includes correspondence relating to Company K, 150th Infantry, West Virginia National Guard (and to military charges brought against Asher for theft and unauthorized absence) and photographs.
Map depicting the C & O Railroad network in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwestern states (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, and New York. Though undated, the map was issued some time between 1947, when the C & O acquired the Pere Marquette Railway of Michigan and Ontario, and 1972, when it adopted a new corporate name following a merger with the ancient Baltimore & Ohio Railroad.
This photograph album includes images of coal mining operations and related industries within West Virginia and Virginia.
This collection contains the memorandum of an agreement between General John B. Floyd and Thomas J. Leaford of Fayette County, Virginia (now part of West Virginia), for $598.03 for damages to Alfred Beckley's mill. Leaford is also instructed to obtain a deed of trust from Beckley to the Confederate States of America.
Map is among the earliest to distinguish West Virginia from Virginia.
The collection consists of a manuscript receipt book created by/belonging to Bettie D. Cramer of Wheeling, West Virginia, c. 1883. The notebook contains recipes, housekeeping tips, and elocution exercises.
The Thomas Creigh Letter is a missive written in 1858 from a Virginia assemblyman, representing Greenbrier County, to an unknown party concerning the state of Virginia's real indebtedness.
The collection contains a photograph of Gary restaurant and railroad crossing in McDowell Company-run Gary Township, West Virginia, circa 1990.
Geological Map of a Portion of the Flat-Top Coal Field Showing the Approximate Outcrop of the Pocahontas or No. 3 Coal Bed in McDowell County, West Virginia
Map shows the coal beds at Flat-Top Coal Fields in McDowell County, West Virginia. It contains an index of openings in the coal bed, and a scale of sections, as well as a key to limestone and shale locations.
- West Virginia 12
- Coal mines and mining 7
- Maps (documents) 6
- Railroad 5
- West Virginia -- Maps 5
- Virginia -- Maps 3
- Coal Strike, W. Va., 1920-1921 2
- Photographs 2
- Religion 2
- Strikes and lockouts -- Coal mining -- West Virginia 2
- Virginia 2
- Civil War 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Indiana -- Maps 1
- Kentucky 1
- Kentucky -- Maps 1
- Marion (Va.) 1
- Michigan -- Maps 1
- New York -- Maps 1
- North Carolina 1
- Ohio -- Maps 1
- Politicians -- United States 1
- Preston County (W. Va.) 1
- Pulaski County (Va.) 1
- Railroad -- Maps 1
- Receipts (financial records) 1
- Roanoke (Va.) 1
- Roanoke County (Va.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia -- History 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- Maps 1
- Waterfalls 1
- Wise County (Va.) 1
- Wythe County (Va.) 1 + ∧ less
- Asher, Anthony L. 1
- Beckley, Alfred, 1802-1888 1
- Beyer, Edward, 1820-1865 1
- Cramer, Bettie (Elizabeth?) D., b. abt. 1838? 1
- Creigh, Thomas, b. abt.1812 1
- D'Invilliers, Edward 1
- Floyd, John B. (John Buchanan), 1806-1863 1
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. 1
- Gamble, W. H. (William H.) 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Greenbrier Historical Society 1
- Handley, J. O. 1
- Harrison, H. H. 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- Kingsbury, J. D. 1
- Koepler, W. E. E. 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-) 1
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868 1
- Mullens Smokeless Coal Company 1
- Murdock, Frank M. 1
- Norfolk and Western Railroad Company (1881-1896) 1
- Pocahontas Operators Association 1
- Savage, Lon, 1928-2004 1
- Swann, John S. 1 + ∧ less