Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The collection consists of family papers, receipts, correspondence, and original and photocopied materials relating to the Preston family, primarily William and Susanna Smith Preston, John Preston, and William Ballard Preston, dating from the 1740s to the 1880s. Other materials include 19th and 20th century genealogy research on the Prestons.
The Didier Collection of Preston Family Papers includes papers of James Patton, Patton's grandson William Preston, and Preston's eldest son, John Preston, all of Montgomery County, Virginia. The papers consist of business and legal documents, surveys, and correspondence.
The Smithfield Preston Foundation Papers consist of 200 letters written almost exclusively by two generations of members of the Preston family of southwest Virginia, Kentucky, and South Carolina, to James and Sarah Preston McDowell of Rockbridge County, Virginia.
- Patton, James, 1692-1755 (Preston family, Montgomery County, Va.) 2
- Preston, Susanna Smith, 1740-1823 2
- Preston, William, 1729-1783 2
- Madison, Elizabeth Preston, 1762-1837 1
- McDowell family (Rockbridge County, Va.) 1
- McDowell, James, 1770-1835 1
- McDowell, James, 1795-1851 1
- McDowell, Sarah Preston, 1767-1841 1
- McDowell, Susana Smith Preston 1
- Preston, Edmonia M. (Edmonia Madison Randolph), 1787-1847 1
- Preston, Francis, 1765-1835 1
- Preston, Thomas L. (Thomas Lewis), 1812-1903 1
- Preston, William Ballard, 1805-1862 1
- Preston, William C. (William Campbell), 1794-1860 1
- Smithfield Plantation House (Blacksburg, Va.) 1 + ∧ less