Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
This collection contains seven daily diaries (1904, 1909-1912, 1916, 1921) of Alexander W. Brown, traveling salesman in the food product business.
The collection consists of 65 letters written between Catlett Conway and family members during the years 1892-1920.
The collection is composed of materials related to Dickenson's research on Southwest Virginia African Americans from the Civil War until the present.
This collection consists of 2 ledgers, one from 1919-1920 and the other from 1932-1934. The ledgers contain purchases and payments from the patrons of a general store owned by James and Rosa Evans in the Pennington Gap--St. Charles area of Virginia.
The collection includes a single letter from Lewis M. Foster to his mother, written near Petersburg, Virginia, December 1864.
Papers of J. D. Kingsbury, a missionary of the American Sunday-School Union of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, working in Monongalia and Marion counties, Virginia (now West Virginia), in 1854. Includes letters from American Sunday-School Union officers, a missionary working in counties adjacent to Kingsbury's, and J. S. McKinney of Palatine; and a form letter appointing Kingsbury as missionary.
The collection includes two ledgers for the New Alexandria Land and River Improvement Company dated from 1892-1906. The ledgers contain documentation of transactions, land sales, commissions, and loans with detailed accounts of revenues and interest.
unframed picture; on back ""Main & Turner Campus Exxon""
The G. E. Roberts Letter contains information pertaining to an African American man shooting a white doctor, Dr. Hammet, in Christiansburg, VA. The letter is written to Walter J. Reeve in Central Depot, VA on February 8, 1874.
- Virginia -- History 12
- Civil War 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- African Americans -- History 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Correspondence 1
- General stores -- Virginia -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Lee County (Va.) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 1
- Railroad 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) 1
- Religion 1
- Slavery -- United States 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- West Virginia 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Alexander W. , 1878-? 1
- Conway, Battaile Fitzhugh Taliaferro 1
- Conway, Catlett, 1840-1920 1
- Conway, Henry 1
- Conway, John C. 1
- Conway, Mary Wallace 1
- Conway, William Buchanan, 1845-1920 1
- Dickenson, Richard B., 1930-2006 1
- Evans, James Ransom, 1874-1952 1
- Evans, Rosa Belle Kirk, 1879-1970 1
- Foster, Lewis M., b. abt. 1844 1
- Hammet, James Preston, d. 1879 1
- Kingsbury, J. D. 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915-) 1
- New Alexandria Land and River Improvement Company (1888-1928) 1
- Roberts, George E. , 1834-1887 1
- Tyler, James Hoge, 1846-1925 1
- Virginia Central Railroad Company 1
- Wilson, Eliza (Lily) Tyler 1 ∧ less