Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 28
Full title is as follows: "Big Sandy & Cumberland RR map showing the right of way through the Riley Lester et al 50 Ac. & 25 Ac. Tract Parcel No. 1, through the Riley Lester et al 2.8 Ac. Tract Parcel No. 2 and tract owned jointly by Riley Lester et al & W. M. Ritter Lumber Co. Parcel No. 3 & 4 on waters of Knox Creek in Buchanan Co. Virginia."
Map depicting the C & O Railroad network in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwestern states (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, and New York. Though undated, the map was issued some time between 1947, when the C & O acquired the Pere Marquette Railway of Michigan and Ontario, and 1972, when it adopted a new corporate name following a merger with the ancient Baltimore & Ohio Railroad.
Geological Map of a Portion of the Flat-Top Coal Field Showing the Approximate Outcrop of the Pocahontas or No. 3 Coal Bed in McDowell County, West Virginia
Map shows the coal beds at Flat-Top Coal Fields in McDowell County, West Virginia. It contains an index of openings in the coal bed, and a scale of sections, as well as a key to limestone and shale locations.
Map contains colored system that identifies various geological eras.
Map shows Pocahontas Coal Field, with index of mines and their owners. Map is bordered by images of the mines listed on the map.
Map shows land in Pulaski, Virginia, owned by The Pulaski Land Co. and The Iron Belt Land, Mining, and Development Company. It contains an illustration in the upper left.
Full title reads, "Map of Roanoke County, Virginia, compiled from actual surveys, land maps, and data furnished by the Appalachia Electric Power Co., Virginia State Highway Dept., Norfolk & Western R. R., Virginian Railway" Map contains table of distances, statistics of Roanoke City, Salem, Vinton, and Roanoke County, historical origin of the city, and legend.
Map is rather bare, showing transportation in the form of railroads (both complete and in-progress), stage routes, and canal routes, and geographic features such as rivers and mountains. It shows towns that are connected by the routes, but little more.
Map of the Albemarle and Chesapeake Canal, Connecting Chesapeake Bay with Currituck, Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds and Their Tributary Streams
Undated map shows the Albemarle and Chesapeake Canal, identifying locks and tributaries. Map also contains some hand-written annotations.
- Railroad 27
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 21
- Virginia -- Maps 20
- West Virginia -- Maps 6
- Coal mines and mining 4
- Pennsylvania -- Maps 3
- United States -- Maps 3
- Kentucky -- Maps 2
- Ohio -- Maps 2
- Railroad -- Maps 2
- Roanoke (Va.) 2
- Alleghany County (Va.) 1
- Bath County (Va.) 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Indiana -- Maps 1
- Michigan -- Maps 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- New York -- Maps 1
- North Carolina -- Maps 1
- Pulaski County (Va.) 1
- Roanoke County (Va.) 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- Maps 1
- West Virginia 1 ∧ less
- Norfolk and Western Railroad Company (1881-1896) 3
- Rand McNally and Company 3
- Pennsylvania. Department of Internal Affairs 2
- Wall, J. Sutton 2
- A. Hoen & Co. 1
- Appalachian Electric Power Company (1926-1958) 1
- Baist, G. Wm. (George William), 1859-1927 1
- Bartholomew, John, 1831-1893 1
- Boyd, Charles Rufus, 1841-1903 1
- Commonwealth of Virginia. Department of Highways 1
- Cram, George Franklin, 1841-1928 1
- D'Invilliers, Edward 1
- Dick, David (Surveyor) 1
- Dickinson, W. 1
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899 1
- Iron Belt Land, Mining, and Development Company 1
- J.L. Smith Co. 1
- Koepler, W. E. E. 1
- Lester, Riley 1
- Malcolm, C. B. 1
- Miller, J. C. 1
- New River Plateau Railway Company 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- P.S. Duval & Son 1
- Pocahontas Operators Association 1
- Randolph, Wilton 1
- Reilly, G. A. 1
- Roanoke Gas and Water Company 1
- Rogers, William Barton, 1804-1882 1
- Roy, Andrew 1
- Swann, John S. 1
- T. Ellwood Zell and Company 1
- Tarbet, T. W. 1
- Valley Railroad (Va.) 1
- Virginian Railway 1
- W.M. Ritter Lumber Company 1 ∧ less