Showing Collections: 11 - 13 of 13
This collection includes a journal of an unidentified overseer, names of enslaved persons, and amount of crops each picked. Also lists when and which enslaved persons were sick each day, money obtained for a crop, home remedies for common illnesses, and the journey itinerary for a cargo ship.
The collection includes correspondence, manuscript memoranda and recipe books, and family papers from the Godwin, Young, Trevey, Williams and other families of Botetourt, Rockbridge, and Roanoke Counties. Materials in this collection date from 1835-1878.
The collection includes a manuscript cookbook containing recipes, home remedies, and crochet instructions written in several different hands.
- History of Food and Drink 10
- Home economics 3
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 3
- Women -- History 2
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 1
- Artifacts (object genre) 1
- Civil War 1
- Culinary pamphlets 1
- Food Technology and Production 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Photographs 1
- Science and Technology 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Bralley, John, 1797-1866 1
- Figgat, Nancy Godwin 1
- Godwin, Ann 1
- Hodgkins, Samuel (New York) 1
- Martha L. Johnson family 1