Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
The collection includes approximately 360 photographs (and in some cases, photocopies of photographs) of railroad construction in Southwest Virginia. The majority of images date from 1967-1981. There is also a folder of undated images.
The colletion contains a photograph of group believed to be Roanoke, Virginia employees of Norfolk & Western Railway Company.
The J. C. Porter Photograph Album contains a scrapbook of approximately 240 photographs (all c. 1880) of structures and scenes in several southwestern Virginia counties, including Bland, Craig, Giles, and Smyth. It includes photographs of a Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad station in New Castle and Mountain Lake resort hotel. Photographs are believed to have been taken and compiled by Porter.
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Bland County (Va.) 1
- Craig County (Va.) 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- Smyth County (Va.) 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 2
- Leech, Preston 1
- Norfolk and Western Railroad Company (1881-1896) 1
- Porter, J. C. 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 1 ∧ less