Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Four wartime letters and a post-war diary of Daniel Blain, a Confederate soldier in the 1st Rockbridge Artillery during the American Civil War and later a Presbyterian minister in Rockbridge County, Virginia.
The collection consists of a letter from Joseph G. Dill to Daniel C. E. Brady, written from Richmond, Virginia, on May 30, 1862. Dill writes Brady on a variety of topics including recent war news, the challenges of sending mail through conflict zones, a recent fishing party, the warther, and the price of goods.
This collection contains professional records and personal correspondence of Charles W. Hardin, a physician from Augusta County, Virginia.
Letter from James G. Paxton to Major William McLaughlin. Writing from Salem, Virginia, informs McLaughlin that his name is being put forward as a possible candidate for the Virginia Senate.
- African Americans -- History 1
- Augusta County (Va.) 1
- Cocktail History Collection 1
- Cocktails -- History 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Correspondence 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Letters 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 + ∧ less
- Blain, Daniel 1
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Hardin, Charles W., c. 1823-1899 1
- Paxton, James G. 1