Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
Broadside entitled "Instructions for Using John W. Barnett's Patent Process for Curing Leaf Tobacco. Patented January 7th 1879." Barnett is identified as a resident of Big Spring, Montgomery County, Virginia.
The collection includes papers, including correspondence, in-house publications, presentations, press clippings, and external reports, relating to Blacksburg Electronic Village, an experimental online community network connecting the town of Blacksburg, Virginia.
The Byllesby, Virginia, Dam Construction Photograph Album contains 110 silver gelatin prints in a black photograph album that documents the step-by-step construction of the Byllesby dam and associated power generating structures on the in Carroll County, Virginia in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
This collection includes business and personal papers of W. Graham Claytor, a 1906 graduate of Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (later Virginia Polytechnic Institute) and an executive overseeing the operations of a number of American Gas and Electric Company subsidiaries during the 20th century. It includes correspondence, reports, and printed materials relating to personal financial matters, business operations, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, and ham radio.
the collection contains correspondence; writings; research records; administrative, instructional, and consulting files; and photographs of Byron Nelson Cooper, professor of geology and head of Virginia Polytechnic Institute's Department of Geological Sciences from 1946 to 1971.
The collection consists of a typescript carbon copy of a geological report on the Virginia Anthracite Coal Company property, Price and Brush Mountains in Montgomery County, Virginia by Edward d'Invilliers.
The Richard Faraday Collection consists of photocopies of a formula book for making lead shot at the Shot Tower in Wythe County, Virginia. The collection also includes genealogical notes on Faraday's family.
The papers include a typescript report on the Fishburn Price Mountain coal property in Montgomery County, Virginia, and a letter by Fishburn regarding the property.
This collection contains papers include field notes, charts and maps, and geological surveys and research results, covering the history of mineralogy and geology, especially in Virginia.
This collection contains the papers of Henry Morgan Jacocks, graduate of Virginia Tech (class of 1900), assistant superintendent at Mathieson Alkali Works (Saltville, Virginia), independent businessman, and Virginia State Highway Department employee. Correspondence, trade catalogs, instructional booklets, blueprints, and drawings from Jacocks' years at Mathieson Alkali Works. Also includes a set of drafting standards for the Virginia Bridge and Iron Company and several photographs.
- University History 11
- Faculty 7
- Montgomery County (Va.) 7
- Blacksburg (Va.) 3
- Agriculture 2
- Railroad 2
- Appomattox River (Va.) 1
- Geology 1
- Harrisonburg (Va.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Roanoke River (Va. and N.C.) 1
- Smith River (Va. and N.C.) 1
- Students and alumni 1
- University Archives 1
- Veterinary medicine 1
- Wythe County (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 10
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 8
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 3
- Appalachian Electric Power Company (1926-1958) 1
- Appalachian Power Company 1
- Barnett, John W. 1
- Battle, John Stewart, 1890-1972 1
- Blacksburg Electronic Village 1
- Claytor, W. Graham (William Graham), 1886-1971 1
- Cooper, Byron Nelson, 1912-1971 1
- D'Invilliers, Edward 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Faraday, Richard 1
- Fishburn, Junius Blair 1
- Geological Survey. Water Resources Division (U.S.) 1
- Holden, Roy Jay, 1870-1945 1
- Jacocks, Henry Morgan, 1878-1950 1
- Johnson, William Martin 1
- McGill, William M. 1
- Pandapas, James J. 1
- Randolph, Lingan S., Sr., b. abt. 1878 1
- Sanders, Harry W. (Harry Warinner), 1895-1984 1
- Smyth, Ellison A. (Ellison Adger), 1863-1941 1
- Trent, Clarence E. (Clarence Elmore), 1904-1991 1
- Underhill, Grover W. 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Nurserymen's Association 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Board of Visitors 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1
- Virginia Veterinary Medical Association 1
- Virginia. Department of Conservation and Economic Development 1
- Virginia. Division of Water Resources 1
- Virginia. Division of Water Resources and Power 1
- Virginia. Junior Academy of Sciences (1941-) 1
- Wallace, Donald S. 1
- Will, Erwin Hoge, b.1900 1
- Will, Evan J. 1 ∧ less