Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
The collection contains a VPI honor list for 1897-1898, a 1948 Chi Epsilon dinner program, a 1962 list of living alumni who attended VAMC prior to 1900, a 1926 silver tray, and a 1933 trophy.
This collection contains a journal kept from September through November 1912 by William
Uncle Bill Gitt. Gitt was born in Newport, Virginia, and attended the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College from 1877 to 1878. Gitt later lived in the Number 1 Barracks on campus and worked at the college doing various tasks for the cadets.
This collection contains the lecture and laboratory notes of James Burleigh Lucas, a professor of chemistry at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, mostly taken while Lucas attended graduate courses at the University of Illinois.
The collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech graduate, professor of modern languages, and director of athletics Clarence Paul "Sally" Miles, including grade books for courses in French and German, together with personal memorabilia and photographs.
The J. Preston Newman Papers includes four poems (1935-1938, n.d.), as well as papers relating to Ralph Minthorne Brown, university librarian at Virginia Tech.
The collection includes papers from Frank L. Robeson's tenure as a student at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute, Columbia University, and Johns Hopkins University, as well as subject and research files from his nearly 50 years as an instructor and professor at VPI, dating from 1899 to 1954.
This paper describes the early meetings which lead to the creation of the farm demonstration work program. Farrar Shelton attended one of these early meetings as an eighth grader. Shelton later attended VPI and graduated with the class of 1915 with a degree in agriculture, he went on to become a county demonstration agent.
- University Archives 4
- Physics 2
- Science and Technology 2
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Civil War 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Mathematics 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Physicists 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 9
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 8
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Begg, R. B. H. (Robert Burns Haldane), 1880-1965 1
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 1
- Finch, Adam T., 1872-1933 1
- Gitt, W. W. (William "Uncle Bill" W.), c.1860-? 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Johnston, J. Ambler (James Ambler), 1885-1974 1
- Lucas, James Burleigh, 1888-1955 1
- Miles, Clarence Paul, 1879-1966 1
- Newman, J. Preston (James Preston), 1913-1982 1
- Robeson, Frank Leigh, 1884-1974 1
- Shelton, Farrar (Farrar Vilas) 1
- Stahl, Horatio Seymour 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Arts and Sciences (1970-2003) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Science (2003-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Physics Department 1
- Zallen, Richard, b.1937 1 ∧ less