Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
The collection contains the diary of Alva Cleveland, a 57-year-old soldier who served as an orderly with the 1st Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry. The diary covers March to July 1862 while Cleveland's regiment was stationed around Nashville, Tennessee, and in northern Alabama.
The Edwin L. Garrison Letter contains information pertaining to the 1864 Overland Campaign including an attack by Confederate General A. P. Hill. The letter is written to George J. Warner in New York on July 12, 1964.
The collection of Stafford J. Godfrey, 21st New York Infantry Regiment, contains his diary written from May, 1861 to August, 1863, detailing his day to day activities, primarily his camp duties. Also included is Godfrey's discharge paper dated August 3, 1863, membership application to the Union Veteran Legion, dated May 18, 1863, a card distributed by ladies aid society of Buffalo titled, "Counsel to our Volunteers: How to Prepare for the Campaign," and a name card from H.D. Godfrey.
This collection includes letters written by Joseph T. Harris of the 12th Ohio Infantry to his sister, Mollie Swope from various locations in western Virginia. The letters are dated August 6, 1861, September 18, 1861, November 23, 1861, and February 14, 1862. The letters detail the movements of the 12th Ohio Infantry during actions in the Kanawha Valley, Virginia in 1861 as well as camp life.
The collection contains diaries, papers, and published materials related to Charles F. McKenna's service in the 155th Regiment, Pennsylvania Volunteers, during the Civil War.
The Charles H. Moody Papers contain correspondence from Charles H. Moody to his father, mother, brother, and various friends relating to his service in Fredericksburg, Gettysburg, and throughout Virginia, datingranges from January 1862-June 1865.
Papers Relevant to the Lives of John Taylor Radford (1838-1864) and William Moseley Radford (1840-1862) Typescript
This collection consists of nine letters written by Wilson R. Pilkington, 41st Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment (12th Reserves), to his mother and sister from various locations in Virginia, primarily from camps in northern Virginia. The letters date from 1861-1862. In addition, there is one letter is written from John Moss to Pilkington's mother, informing her of Wilson's death. Pilkington died of wounds received at the Battle of South Mountain, September 15, 1862.
Letter written by Joseph Rule from his camp at Petersburg, Virginia, December 15th, 1864 to his friend Silas. Letter details Rule's Company B, 50th New York Engineers involvement in the December, 1864 raid on the Weldon Railroad which was a major supply line for Robert E. Lee's Confederate Army of Northern Virginia.
- Civil War 10
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 9
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories 5
- Correspondence 4
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories -- Wisconsin 2
- Battle of Cross Lanes, Virginia, August, 1861 1
- Diaries 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- Gettysburg Campaign, 1863 1
- Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Medicine 1
- Medicine, Military -- History 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 1
- Radford (Va.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories -- New York Infantry -- 21st 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories -- New York Engineers -- 50th Regiment 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories -- Ohio Infantry -- 12th 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories -- Pennsylvania Infantry -- 155th 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories--Pennsylvania Infantry Regiment -- Pennsylvania Infantry -- 41st 1
- Wilderness, Battle of the, Va., 1864 1 ∧ less
- Cleveland family (Wisconsin) 1
- Cleveland, Alva, b.1805 1
- Garrison, Edwin L., b. abt 1844/1845 - 1/28/1924 1
- Godfrey, Stafford J., 1827-1911 (21st New York Regiment) 1
- Harris, Joseph T. 1
- Harville, John McBride, 1839-1913 1
- McKenna, Charles F., 1844-1922 1
- Moody, Charles H. (8th NY Cavalry) 1
- Pilkington, Wilson R., 1838-1862 1
- Radford, John Taylor, 1838-1864 1
- Radford, William Moseley, 1840-1862 1
- Rule, Joseph 1
- Sharpe, David W., 1844-1926 (Co. B, 1st Connecticut Heavy Artillery) 1
- Streitmatter, Rodger 1
- United States. Army. Ohio Infantry Regiment, 12th (1861-1864) 1 ∧ less