Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The collection contains a Confederate Provost Marshall's Pass issued to A.S. Bacon on November 11, 1864 at Lynchburg, Virginia. The pass granted Bacon permission to travel to Richmond, Virginia and is signed by Captain and Provost Marshal, Hiram C. Pierce. The opposite side of the pass has a printed Oath of Allegiance to the Confederate States of America.
The collection consists of two diaries written by John Holliday between May 1864 and July 1865, and five undated photographs (four believed to be of Holliday and one of his wife).
This collection cotains a letter from A. B. Renker, a cotton broker from Lynchburg Va., to a Mr. Samuel G. Murphy of Richmond. Renker informs Mr. Murphy that the people who purchased the cotton had an issue with the price quality of the cotton and that they were refusing to pay unless they recieved a discount on the product.
- Lynchburg (Va.) 2
- Cloyds Mountain, Battle of, Va., 1864 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Diaries 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Lynchburg, Battle of, Lynchburg, Va., 1864 1
- New River Bridge, Battle of, Va., 1864 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries 1
- Winchester, 3rd Battle of, Winchester, Va., 1864 1 ∧ less
- Confederate States of America. War Department 1
- Holliday, John (91st Ohio Volunteer Infantry) 1
- Renker, A. B. 1