Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The collection consists of a commonplace book owned by Minnie Baughman of Richmond, Virginia. Mary Amelia Baughman, known as "Minnie," was the daughter of George and Mary Jane Greer Baughman and sister of Confederate soldiers, George, Jr., Greer H., Charles C., and Emilius A. Baughman. The book dates from November 1864 to July 1865 and contains Minnie's algebra work, French vocabulary, grammar, and a large amount of poetry and Confederate patriotic songs.
A collection of two letters written by Nancy (Nannie) Figgat to her husband Private Charles Figgat, of the 1st Regiment, Virginia Cavalry, Company C.
The collection includes a single letter written to Levi Harris from his sister Amanda in Giles County, Virginia. Dated March 14th, 1863, she writes of the price of crops, about the availability of land in the area, why her brother might want to relocate to the area, and news about mutual friends and family.
The Organ Family Collection includes materials from 1836-2006. Materials concern the Organ family's experience on the homefront and in battle during the American Civil War.
This collection contains a letter from M. Sydenstricker from White Sulphur Springs, Greenbrier County, Virginia (West Virginia) to Mrs I [?] Dwier and G[?] Davis, January 10th, 1865.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Homefront X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 3
- Women -- History 2
- Clarke County (Va.) 1
- Confederate States of America -- Social Life and Customs 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- Jefferson County (W. Va.) 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Desertions 1 ∧ less
- Baughman, Mary Amelia (Minnie), 1847-1917 1
- Figgat, Nancy Godwin 1
- Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.) 1
- Layne, David Orison, 1832-1862 1
- Lucas, Virginia (Virginia Bedinger), 1838-1865 1