Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
Item: cadet coatee Desc: original V.A.M.C. cadet coatee Date: 1886 Color: blue gray Material: wool with cotton lining Manufacturer: Philadelphia: D. Klein and Bro. Donor: Corps of Cadets, Jan. 1975 Condition: stained, dirty; moth holes in back, lining and front; lining shredded; later stitching on front; only one button in center row
This collection contains an original cadet coatee from Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (VAMC) dated 1886. The coat belonged to Greenwood Hopkins Nowlin, Jr. (1878-1975) of Campbell County, Virginia, who attended Virginia Agriculture and Mechanical College (now Virginia Tech) from 1896 through 1899.
Morning report of the post of Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College, in Blacksburg, Virginia, from March 10 to 16, 1890.
The collection consists of a receipt received by W. C. Franklin on March 8, 1876, from the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College.
The collection contains Lane family letters, a copy of James H. Lane's commission as commandant of cadets at the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College, and a list of rules for the cadets at VAMC.
The collection contains correspondence, photographs, and miscellaneous materials relating to the personal life and university and military service of Claudius Lee, a professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
This collection includes the written minutes and various papers of the Lee Literary Society from 1873 to 1926, and the minutes of the united Lee and Maury Literary Society during the 1928-29 session. The Lee Literary Society was formed from the split of the Virginia Literary Society in 1873 along with its counterpart the Maury Literary Society. LLS helped create the first student publication, the Gray Jacket, in 1875. The LLS folded in 1928.
This collection includes the written minutes and papers of the Maury Literary Society from 1873 to 1928 and documents related to the personal awards of the society's namesake, Matthew F. Maury. The Maury Literary Society was formed from the split of the Virginia Literary Society in 1873 along with its counterpart the Lee Literary Society. MLS helped create the first student publication, the Gray Jacket, in 1875. The MLS folded in 1928.
John McClaren McBryde served as the fifth president of Virginia Tech (1891-1907). This collection documents his tenure as president, including correspondence, letter books, reports, bids and contracts, and other records.
- University History 16
- Faculty 6
- Civil War 1
- Heraldry 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Record Group 2 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Textiles (visual works) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- English 18
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 9
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 5
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 4
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College. Corps of Cadets (1872-1896) 3
- Finch, Adam T., 1872-1933 1
- Flood, Kate 1
- Franklin, W. C. 1
- Harmon, Edward P., c.1844-1888 1
- Lane, James H., 1833-1907 1
- Lee Literary Society (1873-1928) 1
- Lee, Claudius, 1872-1962 1
- Maury Literary Society (1873-1928) 1
- McBryde, John McLaren, 1841-1923 1
- Minor, Charles L. C., 1835-1903 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Nowlin, Greenwood H., Jr. 1
- Perkins, Carter, Jr., 1862-1935 1
- Radford, J. Lawrence, 1857-1896? 1
- Temple, Harry Downing 1
- Thomas, Giles D. 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 1 ∧ less