Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
This collection contains an agent’s book for Olin and Preston Institute, five copies of reports from the Committee on Seminaries, and programs from the Alpha Literary Society and Preston Literary Society.
Thirteen letters with their envelopes from VAMC student William Townes to family members L. W. Wimbish and Mrs. L. W. Wimbish in Boydton, Mecklenburg County, Virginia over the period March 15, 1875 to November 2, 1875. Letters concern his expenses and need for funds and his wish for news of home. Also mentioned are boarding in town, opinions of Blacksburg, a masque ball, constant drilling, fellow cadets, and farm matters.
In general, the Virginia Tech and Local History Mounted Clippings include newspaper clippings, photocopies, ephermera, unpublished and/or informal publications, and other papers relating to a specific subject area. Files in this collection relate to Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, and the activities of members of the community or university. The collection was primarily collected by library staff through the 1960s.
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Photographs 1
- Women -- History 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 2
- Preston and Olin Institute (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Townes, William 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 1