Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
William Bradford Alwood was a professor of horticulture, entomology, and mycology at Virginia Tech (1891-1904) and fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. His collection includes research papers, theses, brochures, and notebooks on such subjects as cider, wine making, grapes, and pellagra.
This collection contains college memorabilia of father and son Henry D. and Clayton E. Ayre, both of whom attended Virginia Agricultural & Mechanical College (now Virginia Tech) during the late 19th century. It includes cadet caps, lecture notes, a certificate, and photograph.
The collection contains a VPI honor list for 1897-1898, a 1948 Chi Epsilon dinner program, and a 1962 list of living alumni who attended VAMC prior to 1900.
Papers associated with William Addison "Add" Caldwell (1856-1910) of Craig County, Virginia, first student enrolled at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (VAMC, later Virginia Tech). Includes a letter written by Caldwell in 1910; his 1875 VAMC report card; a Caldwell family photo portrait; Caldwell's obituary; and a Bible given to Caldwell by Mrs. William C. McKemey.
The collection consists of pages from an account book, bills, notes, and correspondence relating to Cowan's personal and business affairs.
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
The collection contains correspondence, photographs, and miscellaneous materials relating to the personal life and university and military service of Claudius Lee, a professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
- Faculty 9
- University Archives 8
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 7
- Montgomery County (Va.) 4
- Photographs 3
- Science and Technology 3
- Women -- History 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Blacksburg (Va.) 2
- History of Food and Drink 2
- Craig County (Va.) 1
- Heraldry 1
- Memorabilia 1
- Railroad 1
- Record Group 2 1
- Roanoke (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 8
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 5
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 3
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 3
- Alwood, William Bradford, 1859-1946 1
- Ayre, Clayton E., 1880-1967 1
- Ayre, Henry D., 1856-1939 1
- Begg, R. B. H. (Robert Burns Haldane), 1880-1965 1
- Caldwell, William Addison 1
- Cowan, John T. 1
- Finch, Adam T., 1872-1933 1
- Lee Literary Society (1873-1928) 1
- Lee, Claudius, 1872-1962 1
- Maury Literary Society (1873-1928) 1
- McBryde, Cora Bolton, 1839-1920 1
- McBryde, John McLaren, 1841-1923 1
- Nowlin, Greenwood H., Jr. 1
- O'Shaughnessy, Louis 1
- O'Shaughnessy, Mary Elizabeth, 1917- 1
- Perkins, Carter, Jr., 1862-1935 1
- Priddy, Lawrence, Sr., 1874-1944 1
- Smyth, Ellison A. (Ellison Adger), 1863-1941 1
- Surface family 1
- Temple, Harry Downing 1
- Williams, John Edward, 1867-1943 1 ∧ less