Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
William Bradford Alwood was a professor of horticulture, entomology, and mycology at Virginia Tech (1891-1904) and fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. His collection includes research papers, theses, brochures, and notebooks on such subjects as cider, wine making, grapes, and pellagra.
The collection contains a VPI honor list for 1897-1898, a 1948 Chi Epsilon dinner program, and a 1962 list of living alumni who attended VAMC prior to 1900.
Thomas Nelson Conrad (1837-1905) served in the Confederate Army during the American Civil War and as President of Virginia Tech. The collection consists of the original manuscript of The Rebel Scout: A Thrilling History of Scouting Life in the Southern Army, written by Conrad from 1891 to 1893, and published in 1904.
The collection contains Lane family letters, a copy of James H. Lane's commission as commandant of cadets at the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College, and a list of rules for the cadets at VAMC.
The collection contains correspondence, photographs, and miscellaneous materials relating to the personal life and university and military service of Claudius Lee, a professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
John McClaren McBryde served as the fifth president of Virginia Tech (1891-1907). This collection documents his tenure as president, including correspondence, letter books, reports, bids and contracts, and other records.
This collection consists of papers--including correspondence, schoolwork, diplomas, diaries, photographs, and printed materials--of Louis O'Shaughnessy, professor of mathematics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VPI); his wife Ida Surface O'Shaughnessy; their daughter, VPI mathematics instructor Betty O'Shaughnessy Bock; and the Surface family (parents and siblings of Ida Surface O'Shaughnessy).
The Ellison A. Smyth, Sr. collection contains papers including his correspondence with professional and amateur scientists, collectors, dealers and suppliers around the world concerning entomology and zoology, his publications, and field journals from his entomological work.
- University Archives 4
- Science and Technology 3
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Civil War 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Record Group 2 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 9
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 3
- Alwood, William Bradford, 1859-1946 1
- Begg, R. B. H. (Robert Burns Haldane), 1880-1965 1
- Conrad, Thomas Nelson 1
- Finch, Adam T., 1872-1933 1
- Flood, Kate 1
- Lane, James H., 1833-1907 1
- Lee, Claudius, 1872-1962 1
- McBryde, John McLaren, 1841-1923 1
- O'Shaughnessy, Louis 1
- O'Shaughnessy, Mary Elizabeth, 1917- 1
- Smyth, Ellison A. (Ellison Adger), 1863-1941 1
- Surface family 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1
- Williams, John Edward, 1867-1943 1 ∧ less