Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
The collection contains 102 letters from Joseph F. Ware to his wife, Susie, in Blacksburg, Virginia, while he was serving overseas during and after World War I. The other significant portion of this collection contains nearly 200 photographs.
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Blacksburg (Va.) 2
- Montgomery County (Va.) 2
- Photographs 2
- Women -- History 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 2