Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection contains administrative and teaching records, such as art course materials, departmental correspondence, photographs, and art exhibition materials from Dean Carter (1922-2013), professor and former head of the Art Department at Virginia Tech from 1950-1992.
The collection contains a single letter from Charles Johnson, a cadet at VPI to Miss Martha Clark, written around March 26, 1933.
Walter Stephenson Newman (1895-1978) was the first individual to hold the office of Vice-President at Virginia Tech. His tenure began 15 May 1946 but only lasted until 1 September 1947, when he became the tenth president of Virginia Tech, serving from 1947 to 1962. This small collection consists of correspondence concerning curriculum revisions, letters from and replies to other colleges on various matters, and copies of memoranda to faculty and department heads.
The collection includes photocopies of eleven letters from Virginian educator William H. Ruffner (1824-1908) to his wife and children and to him from his daughter Anne.
This collection contains administrative letters, meeting minutes, and reports from the Boards of Vistors of Virginia Polytechnic Institute (VPI) during Guy L. Furr's (1895-1977) tenure 1954 to 1964. It also contains materials from several organizations that he was a part of, such as VPI Alumni Association, VPI Educational Foundational, and VPI Continuing Education Program. This collection includes miscellaneous pamphlets and booklets about VPI and other universities in Virginia.
The VPI Class of 1917 Reunion Letters contains two letters enclosed in an envelope dated February 20, 1931 announcing the dates of the 1917 class reunion. It also contains a questionnaire for the alumnus to fill out and return to the school.
- Faculty 4
- University Archives 3
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Montgomery County (Va.) 2
- Postcards 2
- Administrative records 1
- Advertisements 1
- Advertising cards 1
- Art, American -- Virginia -- 20th century 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Ephemera 1
- Letters 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Photographs 1
- Physics 1
- Proceedings (reports) 1
- Record Group 1 1
- Record Group 3 1
- Religion 1
- Science -- International cooperation 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Soviet Union -- Foreign relations -- United States 1
- Trade cards 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 4
- Carter, Dean, 1922-2013 1
- Furr, Guy Littleton, 1895-1977 1
- International Conference on High Energy Physics 1
- Marshak, Robert E. (Robert Eugene), 1916-1992 1
- Newman, Walter S. (Walter Stephenson), 1895-1978 1
- Redd, Henry B. "Puss", 1895-1960 1
- Rochester Conference on High Energy Nuclear Physics 1
- Ruffner, William Henry, 1824-1908 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Department of Art and Art History 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Board of Visitors 1 + ∧ less