Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
The Named/Individual Photograph Collections include images from alumni and former faculty and staff, or individuals with ties to campus and the New River Valley. Collections (c.1890-present) depict campus life and events, railroad history, agricultural extension research, Blacksburg and surrounding areas, and some local families.
This collection contains photographs, newspaper clippings, and several other papers containing information about Solitude, the oldest building on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg, Virginia.
Professor of Architecture at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University from 1947 to 1983. Collection consists of twelve architectural drawings and four photographs of Wiss's private residence in Blacksburg, Virginia, designed by him in 1960.
The Charles S. Worley, Jr., Collection consist of architectural drawings of designs by Worley, done from the mid-1950s to the early 1960s, with several designs undated. The collection also includes a small group of photographs and negatives of Worley and his own residence in Blacksburg, as well as an extensive collection of slides documenting Worley's student and professional work, work of his students, his travels, nature, and images that were likely used as part of lectures.
- Montgomery County (Va.) 6
- Blacksburg (Va.) 5
- Faculty 3
- Women -- History 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Advertisements 1
- Advertising cards 1
- Civil War 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Correspondence 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Postcards 1
- Railroad 1
- Religion 1
- Trade cards 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 6
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 5
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 4
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 2