Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
Historic home of Blacksburg, Virginia, built by the Preston family in the early 1800s. Purchased by the Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (now Virginia Tech) in 1872, and remains the oldest building on campus. Photographs consist of thirty-four mounted photographs from Eleanor Stover McEver's collection of various views and details of Solitude, with identifying labels. Also includes other papers, such as newspaper clippings and postcards, with information about Solitude.
Professor of Architecture at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University from 1947 to 1983. Collection consists of twelve architectural drawings and four photographs of Wiss's private residence in Blacksburg, Virginia, designed by him in 1960.
The Charles S. Worley, Jr., Collection consist of architectural drawings of designs by Worley, done from the mid-1950s to the early 1960s, with several designs undated. The collection also includes a small group of photographs and negatives of Worley and his own residence in Blacksburg, as well as an extensive collection of slides documenting Worley's student and professional work, work of his students, his travels, nature, and images that were likely used as part of lectures.
- Faculty 3
- Women -- History 2
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Civil War 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 4
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 3
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 1