Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The bulk of the collection contains correspondence concerning Julian Ashby Burruss' tenure as president of Virginia Polytechnic Institute, as well as lecture notes, reports to the Board of Trustees of the State Normal School, and Experiment Station reports.
William Edward Lavery (1930-2009) was president of Virginia Tech from 1975 to 1987. The collection contains mainly incoming and outgoing correspondence (1975-1987) concerning college activities and issues of Lavery's administration including admission and records; commencement exercises; inaugural activities; homecoming; the Alumni Association; faculty and student affairs; the College of Veterinary Medicine; speeches and speech material.
John McClaren McBryde served as the fifth president of Virginia Tech (1891-1907). This collection documents his tenure as president, including correspondence, letter books, reports, bids and contracts, and other records.
The Larry McBryde Collection on the John McLaren McBryde Family, 1859-2013, contains materials concerning John McLaren McBryde, Sr., his brother Robert James McBryde, and their descendants. Primarily, the collection contains photographs, letters, family histories, and biographies about McBryde, Sr., who was president of Virginia Tech from 1891 thru 1907.
This collection contains public letters and memoranda from Virginia Tech President, James D. McComas, from 1989 to 1991 to the university community as well as records regarding McComas's 1988 inauguration. McComas (1928-1994) was the thirteenth President of Virginia Tech, serving from 1988 to 1994.
The Records of the Office of the President, Walter S. Newman consists of correspondence, financial documents, enrollment statistics, architects' contracts, audits, commencement and inaugural ephemera, statements to the Federal Power Commission, photographs, and reports on Virginia's public school system submitted to the Moses Commission.
- Women -- History 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 6
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 5
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 3
- McBryde, John McLaren, 1841-1923 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Office of the President 2
- Barringer, Paul B. 1
- Burruss, Julian Ashby, 1876-1947 1
- Eggleston, J. D. (Joseph Dupuy), 1867-1953 1
- Hahn, T. Marshall, Jr. (Thomas Marshall), 1926-2016 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- Lavery, William Edward 1
- McBryde family 1
- McBryde, Charles Neil, Dr., 1872-1962 1
- McBryde, Larry 1
- McComas, James D. 1
- Newman, Walter S. (Walter Stephenson), 1895-1978 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine (1980-present) 1 + ∧ less