Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
This collection consists of official records and periodicals from the AAUW, Virginia Tech Chapter and the National AAUW including minutes, administrative records, state and national convention programs, awards and scholarships, publications, and other materials concerning community outreach from 1926-2008.
The bulk of the collection contains correspondence concerning Julian Ashby Burruss' tenure as president of Virginia Polytechnic Institute, as well as lecture notes, reports to the Board of Trustees of the State Normal School, and Experiment Station reports.
The collection of 30 images documenting a metabolism study conducted by the College of Home Economics at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Directed by Laura Jane Harper, the study was concerned with determining nitrogen requirements and utilization for young girls.
A collection of correspondence, diaries, postcards, heirlooms, original artwork (including sketches attributed to Henry van Ingen), ancient Greek and pre-Columbian artificacts, and photographs from Wilhelmina van Ingen Elarth, a professor of art history and classical studies who taught at the University of Michigan, Wheaton College (Massachusetts), and the University of Manitoba.
The Faculty/Staff Photograph Collection at Special Collections consists of the photographs, portrait reproductions, and negatives of Virginia Tech employees, dating back to the 1890s.
This collection includes a scrapbook compiled by Blacksburg, Virginia artist Ruth White Fisher, relating to her series of paintings titled "The Evolution of Creativity," donated to Virginia Tech. It includes photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and ephemera about the paintings and the donation ceremony.
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
- Faculty 8
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 6
- University Archives 6
- Blacksburg (Va.) 4
- Montgomery County (Va.) 4
- Photographs 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Record Group 2 2
- Architecture -- Study and teaching 1
- Civil War 1
- Memorabilia 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- Railroad 1
- Students and alumni 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 12
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 8
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 3
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 2
- American Association of University Women. Blacksburg Branch (Va.) 1
- Bailey, Ilena M. 1
- Burruss, Julian Ashby, 1876-1947 1
- Carter, Elaine D. 1
- Elarth, Wilhelmina Van Ingen, 1905-1969 1
- Hahn, T. Marshall, Jr. (Thomas Marshall), 1926-2016 1
- Kennelly, Tamara 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Merchant, Violet Robinson, 1919-2008 1
- Radford College 1
- Rowland, Lucy Minogue 1
- Sibold, Carrie T. (Carrie Taylor), 1904-1990 1
- Sibold, Chloe M., 1899-1976 1
- Sibold, Nannie V. (Nannie Virginia), 1897-1957 1
- Sibold, Thomas W. (Thomas William), 1909-1930 1
- Virginia Home Economics Association. Committee for the Standardization of Consumer Goods 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Home Economics (1964-1982) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Office of the President 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. College of Home Economics 1
- Virginia Tech Faculty Women's Club (1965-) 1 ∧ less