Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
This collection consists of official records and periodicals from the AAUW, Virginia Tech Chapter and the National AAUW including minutes, administrative records, state and national convention programs, awards and scholarships, publications, and other materials concerning community outreach from 1926-2008.
Milka Bliznakov was a Bulgarian architect, architectural historian, and professor who practiced in Bulgaria, France, and the United States. The collection consists of her publications, research, correspondence, professional documentation of her practice, conference participation materials, teaching materials, and documents related to her involvement as the founder of the International Archive of Women in Architecture.
A collection of correspondence, diaries, postcards, heirlooms, original artwork (including sketches attributed to Henry van Ingen), ancient Greek and pre-Columbian artificacts, and photographs from Wilhelmina van Ingen Elarth, a professor of art history and classical studies who taught at the University of Michigan, Wheaton College (Massachusetts), and the University of Manitoba.
The Faculty/Staff Photograph Collection at Special Collections consists of the photographs, portrait reproductions, and negatives of Virginia Tech employees, dating back to the 1890s.
This collection includes a scrapbook compiled by Blacksburg, Virginia artist Ruth White Fisher, relating to her series of paintings titled "The Evolution of Creativity," donated to Virginia Tech. It includes photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and ephemera about the paintings and the donation ceremony.
The collection consists of a paper by Anne H. Giles titled, "Interviews with Women Graduates of Virginia Tech."
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
- Faculty 7
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 7
- University Archives 6
- Blacksburg (Va.) 5
- Montgomery County (Va.) 5
- Photographs 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Students and alumni 2
- Architecture -- Study and teaching 1
- Civil War 1
- History of Women in Architecture 1
- Inclusion and diversity in higher education 1
- International Archive of Women in Architecture (IAWA) 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- Railroad 1
- Record Group 2 1
- Record Group 5 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- Women architects -- Bulgaria 1
- Women in higher education 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 12
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 7
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 3
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 2
- American Association of University Women. Blacksburg Branch (Va.) 1
- Bliznakov, Milka T., 1927-2010 1
- Carter, Elaine D. 1
- Eastman, Ann Heidbreder 1
- Elarth, Wilhelmina Van Ingen, 1905-1969 1
- Giles, Anne H. 1
- Hahn, T. Marshall, Jr. (Thomas Marshall), 1926-2016 1
- Hyer, Patricia B. (Patricia Brown), 1948- 1
- Kennelly, Tamara 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Sabine, Gordon 1
- Sibold, Carrie T. (Carrie Taylor), 1904-1990 1
- Sibold, Chloe M., 1899-1976 1
- Sibold, Nannie V. (Nannie Virginia), 1897-1957 1
- Sibold, Thomas W. (Thomas William), 1909-1930 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Arts and Sciences (1970-2003) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Office of the Provost 1
- Virginia Tech Faculty Women's Club (1965-) 1 ∧ less