Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract The Elizabeth Fine Papers include papers and materials collected by Fine during her tenure as a professor at Virginia Tech. Fine taught in Humanities, Appalachian Studies, and Communication Studies from 1979 until her retirement in 2015. The collection includes research and subject files on aspects of Appalachian culture and history; papers from her instruction, departmental, and administrative activities; and files on historic buildings on campus, particularly the history, renovation, and...
Dates: c. 1983-2012
This collection contains the papers of Norman L. Grover a former professor in the Philosophy and Religion Department(s) at Virginia Tech from 1957-1991.
Dates: 1960 - 1992
Abstract The Department of Philosophy and Religion was formed in 1955, splitting into the departments of Philosophy and of Religion in 1983. The latter became the Religious Studies Program in 1994-1995, then the Department of Religion and Culture in 2009. This collection contains the records of these departments from 1960-2016. Materials include five-year departmental reviews, research, degree and grant proposals, course offerings, newletters, information on guest speakers and faculty members, and...
Dates: 1960 - 2016
- Faculty 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Religion 1
- University Archives 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Fine, Elizabeth 1
- Grover, Norman 1
- Haskell-Speer, Jean 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Center for Interdisciplinary Studies. Religious Studies Program 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Department of Philosophy and Religion 1 ∧ less