Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Spanning from 1951-1988, the William J. Alford, Jr., Papers contains NACA and NASA research memoranda and reports; publication drafts; a Langley working paper with associated research notes and patent details; correspondence; award certificates; AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics) conference programs; and personnel papers pertaining to William J. Alford's career as an aeronautical engineer. A detailed schematic drawing of "the variable sweep wing configuration tested...
Dates: 1951 - 1988
Scope and Contents Aeronautical engineer, NASA administrator. Received B.S. at Manhattan College (1938); M.S., Virginia Tech (1940); Ph.D. in Structural Engineering, University of Illinois (1948). Aeronautical research scientist, National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (1943-46 and 1948-1952); research engineer, Standard Oil Company (1948); chief, structural research division, NACA (1952-1956); research engineer, Aeroneutronics Systems (1956-1957); professor of structural engineering, University of...
Dates: 1940 - 1980
The collection consists of approximately 28 cu. ft. of manuscripts, particularly NACA and NASA reports and documents, meeting notes and agendas, and research materials. A later donation contains the manuscript for 2001 Kraft's autobiography.
Dates: 1941 - 1998; Majority of material found within 1941 - 1982
- United States -- National Aeronautics and Space Administration -- Officials and employees 2
- United States -- National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics -- Officials and employees 1
- University Archives 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration 2
- Alford, William J., Jr., 1924-2010 1
- Duberg, John E. (John Edward), 1917- 1
- Kraft, Christopher C. 1
- Langley Aeronautical Laboratory 1
- Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center (1973-) 1
- Manned Spacecraft Center (1961-1973) (U.S.) 1
- Polhamus, Edward C. (Edward Charles), 1923-2001 1
- Project Apollo (U.S.) 1
- Project Gemini (U.S.) 1
- Project Mercury (U.S.) 1
- United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1 ∧ less