Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 23
Map of the Twelve-Pole and Part of the Guyandot Basins, Showing the location of Coal, Oil, Gas, Iron and Timber Lands, In Wayne, Cabell, Lincoln, and Logan Counties, West Virginia
Map shows land owned by the Guyandot Coal Land Association in the Guyandot basin, in West Virginia. It displays some railroads and openings in coal beds.
Map of the Virginia Kentucky and Ohio Railroad Connecting the Railroads of Virginia with the Railroad of Kentucky on the Shortest Route East and West from the Mississippi Valley to the Atlantic Ocean. New York: G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. 182 William St., [ca. 1880].
New River Plateau Rwy Co.: Map showing proposed location from Ivanhoe Va. to North Carolina State Line
Map shows counties of Pulaski, Wythe, Carroll, and Grayson, in Virginia, and Surry County in North Carolina. Color map displays rail lines, rivers, and mountains.
Large map shows the proposed line and existing lines in and around Norfolk. Additional maps show the terminal facilities at Lambert Point and the passenger and freight facilities at Norfolk.
Railroad line proposal was presented by a Senior Civil Engineering Class, presumably under the direction of W. Dickinson. Map is in color with topography and measurements highlighted.
Map shows properties of the Roanoke Gas and Water Company in Roanoke, Virginia. Map contains legend identifying properties and rail lines. Hand-written note explains the meaning of dotted red lines, left unexplained by the legend.
Map shows the state of Virginia divided into counties. it contains an index that identifies railroads, as well as a table of city and town sizes and locations. Originally published 1904.
Map of Virginia also shows index of cities and towns with population, as well as indicators of significant railroads.
Map shows mineral resource distribution and railways throughout southwestern Virginia. It also contains a legend of symbol explanation, as well as a table of distances, and an inset map shows the eastern seaboard of the United States.
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 20
- Virginia -- Maps 20
- West Virginia -- Maps 6
- Coal mines and mining 4
- United States -- Maps 3
- Kentucky -- Maps 2
- Ohio -- Maps 2
- Roanoke (Va.) 2
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Indiana -- Maps 1
- Michigan -- Maps 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- New York -- Maps 1
- North Carolina -- Maps 1
- Pulaski County (Va.) 1
- Railroad -- Maps 1
- Roanoke County (Va.) 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- Maps 1
- West Virginia 1 ∧ less
- Norfolk and Western Railroad Company (1881-1896) 3
- Rand McNally and Company 2
- A. Hoen & Co. 1
- Appalachian Electric Power Company (1926-1958) 1
- Baist, G. Wm. (George William), 1859-1927 1
- Bartholomew, John, 1831-1893 1
- Boyd, Charles Rufus, 1841-1903 1
- Commonwealth of Virginia. Department of Highways 1
- Cram, George Franklin, 1841-1928 1
- D'Invilliers, Edward 1
- Dick, David (Surveyor) 1
- Dickinson, W. 1
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899 1
- Iron Belt Land, Mining, and Development Company 1
- J.L. Smith Co. 1
- Koepler, W. E. E. 1
- Lester, Riley 1
- Malcolm, C. B. 1
- Miller, J. C. 1
- New River Plateau Railway Company 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- P.S. Duval & Son 1
- Pocahontas Operators Association 1
- Randolph, Wilton 1
- Reilly, G. A. 1
- Roanoke Gas and Water Company 1
- Rogers, William Barton, 1804-1882 1
- Roy, Andrew 1
- Swann, John S. 1
- T. Ellwood Zell and Company 1
- Tarbet, T. W. 1
- Valley Railroad (Va.) 1
- Virginian Railway 1
- W.M. Ritter Lumber Company 1 ∧ less