Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 20
A Map of the Most Inhabited Part of Virginia and Maryland with part of Pensilvania, New Jersey, and North Carolina
This is a reproduction of a map extracted from Thomas Jeffery's 1776 work The American Atlas. The map was originally produced in 1751; the 1775 edition is a reprint. Map includes a table of distances between various cities, included in a 1755 printing by J. Dalrymple. Map title is incorporated into an engraving depicting several men at a ship-yard.
A Map of Virginia and Maryland (reproduction)
Facsimile map found in John Speed's The Theatre of the Empire, published in 1676.
A New Map of Virginia, Maryland, and the Improved Parts of Pennsylvania & New Jersey (reproduction)
Facsimile production date unclear.
A Survey of the Northern Neck of Virginia (reproduction)
Full title reads: "A Survey of the Northern Neck of Virginia, Being the Lands Belonging to the Rt. Honorable Thomas Lord Fairfax Baron Cameron, Bounded by and Within the Bay of Chesapoyocke and Between the Rivers Rappahannock and Potowmack with: The Courses of the Rivers Rappahannock and Potowmack, in Virginia as Surveyed According to Order in the Years 1736 and 1737." Facsimile numbered, certified, and dated.
A True Mapp of the Town of Williamsburg (historical reproduction),
Map of Williamsburg, with the full title: "A true Mapp of the Town of Williamsburg--incorporated, 1722--at one time the Capital of the Colony of Virginia" Scale is in furlongs. Contains various engravings surrounding the map, showing various events, the seal of the College of William and Mary, and the arms of the Colony. Also contains an explanation of the plate.
Americæ Pars, Nunc Virginia (reproduction)
Cartouche contains the following text as the full title: "Americae pars, Nunc Virginia dicta, primum ab Anglis inuenta sumtibus Dn. Walteri Raleigh, Equestris ordinis viri Anno Dm. MDLXXXV regm verso Sereniss: notrae Reginae Elisabethae XVII. Hujus vero Historia peculiari Libro discripta est, additis etiam Indigenarum Iconibus."
The box on the upper left reads, "Autore Ioanne with Sculptore Theodoro DeBry, Quiet excud."
Map is a photocopy.
An exact copy of a plan of the town of Richmond (reproduction)
Hand-drawn map shows layout of Richmond along the James River, with notes identifying which lots had been "taken up." Reproduction was created in 1974.
Carte des Environs de Williamsburg en Virginie ou les Armees Francoise et Americaine Ont Campe's en Septembre 1781 (reproduction)
Map shows Williamsburg with legend. Reproduction created in 1795.
City of Williamsburg, Virginia (reproduction)
Map shows layout of and buildings of interest in colonial Williamsburg. Reproduction created 1974.
Map of the Maritime Parts of Virginia
Aitken's 1776 map, printed in Philadelphia, is largely based on the Fry and Jefferson map of the same area, delineated by Du Simitière. Full title reads: "Map of the Maritime Parts of Virginia, Exhibiting the Seat of War and of Ld. Dunmore's depredation in that Colony." Reproduction is likely a photocopy.
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 19
- United States -- Maps -- Early works to 1800 -- Facsimiles 3
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Maps -- Early works to 1800 2
- Virginia -- Maps 1
- English 17
- Latin 3
- Historic Urban Plans (Firm) 3
- Faithorne, William, 1616-1691 2
- Fry, Joshua, approximately 1700-1754 2
- Herrman, Augustine, 1621-1686 2
- Jefferson, Peter, 1708-1757 2
- Seller, John, fl. 1658-1698 2
- Smith, John, 1580-1631 2
- Withinbrook, Thomas 2
- Aitken, Robert, 1735-1802 1
- Bassett, Thomas (Bookseller) 1
- Blaeu, Willem Janszoon, 1571-1638 1
- Brosig, P. 1
- Bry, Theodor de, 1528-1598 1
- Carey, Mathew, 1760-1839 1
- Chiswell, Richard 1
- Cornwallis, Charles Cornwallis, Marquis, 1738-1805 1
- Desandroüins, Jean Nicolas, 1729-1792 1
- Du Simitière, Pierre Eugène, approximately 1736-1784 1
- Edward H. Richardson Associates, Inc 1
- Ewing, William C. 1
- Faden, William, 1749-1836 1
- Fairfax Library Publications 1
- Fairfax, Thomas Fairfax, Lord, 1693-1781 1
- Hole, William, d.1624 1
- Hondius, Hendrik, 1597-1651 1
- Jefferys, Thomas, d.1771 1
- Lamb, Francis 1
- Lewis, Samuel, 1753 or 1754-1822 1
- O'Hara, Charles, 1740-1802 1
- Patterson, Frank E., III 1
- Raleigh, Walter, Sir, 1552?-1618 1
- Russell, John 1
- Sayer, Robert, 1725-1794 1
- Senex, John, d.1740 1
- Simcoe, John Graves, 1752-1806 1
- Speed, John, 1552?-1629 1
- Symonds, H. D. (Henry Delahoy) 1
- Tarleton, Lieutenant-General (Banastre), 1754-1833 1
- The Meriden Gravure Company 1
- Warner, John 1
- White, John, fl.1585-1593? 1 + ∧ less