Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
The Alexandria and Fairfax Counties [Virginia] Civil War Correspondence consists of 40 letters by 31 soldiers, dated between 1861 and 1862. Letters were written by soldiers stationed in and around Alexandria and Fairfax counties and Washington, D.C., in the first 12-16 months of the American Civil War.
Birdseye View of the National Capital Including the Site of the Proposed World's Exposition of 1892 and Permanent Expositions of the Three Americas
Map shows the layout of Washington, D. C., at the location of the proposed World's Exposition of 1892 and the permanent exposition of the three Americas, on the land between the Washington Monument and the Potomac River.
Map shows business section of Washington, D. C., from 7th Street to 15th Street, between Pennsylvania Avenue and I Street, with business names and some tax statuses within plots of land. Reverse side gives historical, demographic, and business information about the city, as well as aerial photographs of the city.
Map depicting the C & O Railroad network in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwestern states (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, and New York. Though undated, the map was issued some time between 1947, when the C & O acquired the Pere Marquette Railway of Michigan and Ontario, and 1972, when it adopted a new corporate name following a merger with the ancient Baltimore & Ohio Railroad.
Map shows the city of Washington, D.C., color-coded into sections, with references and the plan of the principal floor of the Capitol.
Map shows the District of Columbia in 1901, as prepared under the direction of the sub-committee of Senate Committee on the District of Columbia.
Map of Washington City District of Columbia Seat of the Federal Government... A. Boschke, 1857. 62 x 59 in. [FOLDER J-13]
Plan of the City Intended for the Permanent Seat of the Government of the United States (reproduction)
Map shows Pierre l'Enfant's plan for the city of Washington, D.C. It also contains notes from the US Coast and Geodetic Survey Office from 1887, which confirm the correctness of the map.
Map shows 1794 Washington, D. C.
Map shows plan of Washington, D.C., complete with numbered city blocks, water depths, and explanatory notes concerning observations of the plan and breadth of the streets.
- Maps (documents) 10
- Civil War 1
- Indiana -- Maps 1
- Kentucky -- Maps 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Michigan -- Maps 1
- New York -- Maps 1
- Ohio -- Maps 1
- Railroad 1
- Railroad -- Maps 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia 1
- Virginia -- History 1
- Virginia -- Maps 1
- West Virginia -- Maps 1 + ∧ less
- A. Hoen & Co. 1
- Ash, William (3rd Regiment, Vermont Infantry) 1
- Baskin, J. T. 1
- Cole, Henry 1
- Cole, Luther 1
- Davis, George E. , d.1863 (Company F, Harris Light Cavalry) 1
- Dixon, William D. 1
- Edwards, Clarke S. (Clarke Swett), 1824-1903 1
- Foster & Reynolds Co. 1
- Gerry, C. E. 1
- Green, Josiah M. 1
- Gregory, W. B. (William Bartleman), 1829-1887 1
- Guion, J. Marshall, 1822-1891 1
- Hanna, James W. 1
- Hersum, George L. (5th Regiment, New Hampshire Infantry) 1
- Hunt, Melvin (72nd Regiment, New York Infantry) 1
- Johnson, E. Kurtz 1
- Kyger, Henry C. (5th Regiment, Wisconsin Infantry) 1
- L'Enfant, Pierre Charles, 1754-1825 1
- Lacaster, G. W. 1
- Langdon, J. G. 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Lukens, Franklin B. (Company E, 3rd Regiment, New Jersey Infantry) 1
- Matthews-Northrup Company 1
- Miller, Henry 1
- Nickerson, Melville P. (2nd Regiment, Maine Infantry) 1
- Nirenstein's National Realty Map Company 1
- Penman, Abraham (12th Regiment, Pennsylvania Reserve Infantry (41st Volunteers)) 1
- Rappleyea, Jeremiah C. (1st Regiment, New Jersey Infantry) 1
- Snell, T. Loftin 1
- Stewart, Peter (79th NY Highland Guard) 1
- Stickley, Peter B., 1825-1861 1
- Stockdale, John, d. 1813 1
- Thackara & Vallance 1
- Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co. 1
- Turrill, Reuben 1
- Van Fleet, Abraham 1
- Way, Alexander M. (Alexander Moore), 1826-1890 1 + ∧ less