Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Map focuses on charting the waters of the Delaware and Chesapeake Bays, with depths marked in feet. Contains notes that include a tidal chart and sailing directions into each bay. This map was originally published in 1855 and reissued in 1882, after the principle surveyours had died.
Map shows approaches to Hell Gate, showing water depth and current. It also contains a tide chart, sailing directions, and current note.
Map charts water depth in Norfolk Harbor, with explanatory notes.
Map charts the Potomac River from Indian Head to Georgetown, including Washington, D. C., and Alexandria. It indicates that this is number four of four maps, but the first three are not present with this map.
Map shows water depths and contains a table of tide heights at certain locations.
Sketch C Showing the Progress of the Survey in Section III From 1843 to 1852. (Covering Chesapeake Bay)
Sketch C is a coastal survey that focuses on the Chesapeake Bay, as surveyed 1843-1852.
- Names: Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867 X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 5
- Virginia -- Maps 5
- New York -- Maps 1
- United States -- Maps 1
- Blunt, E. 2
- Hassler, F. R. (Ferdinand Rudolph), 1770-1843 2
- Seib, J. (John) 2
- C.B. Graham’s Lith 1
- Cutts, R. D. (Richard Dominicus), 1817-1873 1
- Dankworth, Frederick, approximately 1804- 1
- Harrison, A. M. (Alexander Medina), 1829-1881 1
- Hilgard, J. E. (Julius Erasmus), 1828-1891 1
- Junken, Charles 1
- Karcher, L. 1
- Lindenkohl, H. (Henry) 1
- Maedel, A. (Adolph) 1
- McCoy, G. 1
- National Ocean Survey 1
- Peterson, A. 1
- Rolleé, A. 1
- Schoepf, A. 1
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey 1 ∧ less