Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection contains two main sets of materials: Correspondence between Louis I. Jaffe and J. J. Lankes from 1930 to 1942 and correspondence between Alice Jaffe (Louis' widow) and J. B. Lankes (J. J.'s son) from 1980 to 1985. In addition, there is a small folder of notes and letter excerpts created by J. B. Lankes in the early 1980s.
The collection includes 27 letters (some with covers and envelopes) written by Mary Sinton Leitch to J. J. Lankes between 1932 and 1950. Introduced by a mutual friend, Leitch and Lankes maintained a more than 18-year correspondence that contained conversations of personal news & friends, the Virginia literary and art scene, and their own writing and artistic efforts (including Lankes collaborations with poet Robert Frost).
This collection includes biographical resources, ephemera, correspondence, and writings and woodcut prints by and related to Marvin H. Neel (1908-1978), created between 1933 and 1988.
This collection contains several series of materials: correspondence to and from Sherwood Anderson, correspondence and research files about Sherwood Anderson, and a small group of photographs, audio, video, and graphic art materials. Materials generated by Anderson date from 1918-1940. Other materials date from about 1929-2006.
- Names: Lankes, Julius J., 1884-1960 X
- American Literature -- Virginia 3
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Correspondence 2
- Art, American -- Virginia -- 20th century 1
- Anderson, Sherwood (Sherwood Berton), 1876-1941 2
- Jaffe, Louis I. (Louis Isaac), 1888-1950 2
- Taylor, Welford Dunaway 2
- Anderson, Eleanor Copenhaver, 1896-1985 1
- Anderson, Robert Lane, 1907-1951 1