Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The collection includes files from the firm of Williams and Farrier, later Farrier and Farrier. Materials include copies of deeds, title searches, land transactions, estate matters, loan contracts, divorce suits, small claims collection suits, ledgers, and correspondence. Additional details of some files are included in the original inventories, available on request.
Full title reads, "Map of Roanoke County, Virginia, compiled from actual surveys, land maps, and data furnished by the Appalachia Electric Power Co., Virginia State Highway Dept., Norfolk & Western R. R., Virginian Railway" Map contains table of distances, statistics of Roanoke City, Salem, Vinton, and Roanoke County, historical origin of the city, and legend.
The collection contains bills and invoices from Norfolk & Western Railroad, Norfolk & Western Railway, and several subsidiaries and contracted companies.
The collection includes administrative documents and correspondence from the Norfolk & Western Railroad Company (later the Norfolk & Western Railway Company) dating from 1876 to about 1935. There are receipts and billing documents, letters, telegrams, and internal reports, as well as a few maps, blueprints, and handwritten notes.
The collection includes approximately 360 photographs (and in some cases, photocopies of photographs) of railroad construction in Southwest Virginia. The majority of images date from 1967-1981. There is also a folder of undated images.
The collection contains breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and beverage menus from the Norfolk & Western Railway, as well as two unused carbon copy checks for Norfolk & Western Railway's Dining Car Service.
This collection contains roster information of steam powered locomotives used by Norfolk & Western Railway written by Arthur S. Bixby, Sr. in 1978. The roster gives a brief overview of the history of Norfolk & Western Railroad and Norfolk & Western Railway. The steam locomotive information begins in 1881 and continues to 1961 with the phasing out of steam driven locomotives. Collection contains a letter from the author explaining the abbreviations used throughout the roster.
The collection consists of a ledger containing register of sales and transfers of the company's mortgage bonds, including names of purchasers with dates and bond numbers purchased.
- Names: Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 7
- Photographs 2
- Bland County (Va.) 1
- Cocktail History Collection 1
- Cocktails -- History 1
- Floyd County (Va.) 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Roanoke (Va.) 1
- Roanoke County (Va.) 1
- Virginia -- Maps 1 ∧ less
- Norfolk and Western Railroad Company (1881-1896) 2
- Aberdeen & Asheboro Railway Company 1
- Adams Express Company (1854-2015) 1
- Appalachian Electric Power Company (1926-1958) 1
- Appalachian Power Company 1
- Bixby, Arthur S., Sr. 1
- Bluefield Inn (W. Va.) 1
- Cincinnati Northern Railroad Company 1
- Claytor, Robert B. 1
- Commonwealth of Virginia. Department of Highways 1
- Cumberland Valley Railroad Company 1
- Deepwater Railway Company (1898-1907) 1
- Dick, David (Surveyor) 1
- East Tennessee, Virginia, and Georgia Railway Company 1
- Farrier family 1
- Farrier, Andrew L., 1895-1972 1
- Farrier, Martin P., 1869-1946 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- Leech, Preston 1
- Malcolm, C. B. 1
- Maple Shade Inn Company (Pulaski, Va.) 1
- Roanoke Machine Works 1
- Seaboard Air Line Railway Company 1
- Southern Express Company 1
- Southern States Dispatch 1
- Tidewater Railway Company (1904-1907) 1
- Virginia Holding Corporation 1
- Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia Air Line 1
- Virginian Railway 1 ∧ less