Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
The collection includes biographical information about the life and career of Janet L. Cameron, a food and nutrition specialist with the Virginia Cooperative Extension from 1931-1964. Most of the collection consists of publications written by Cameron and others.
The Ann A. Hertzler Collection contains biographical information, publications, project and subject files, and artifacts relating to Hertzler's professional career at the University of Missouri-Columbia (1974-1980) and Virginia Tech (1980-2001). Particular areas of emphasis are children's health and nutrition, food and food programs, and Extension publications from both colleges.
Thisc collection includes speeches and outlines of speeches given by James F. Johnson while with the Virginia Cooperative Extension Service. Most were made while he was director of Cooperative Extension (1989- 1992).
This collection contains four boxes of slide sets, some with related scripts, for the Virginia Cooperative Extension's Master Gardener Program. Most materials are undated, but likely date from between the 1970s and early 2000s. Topics include flowers, fruits, vegetables, trees, landscaping, gardening, composting, and careers in horticulture.
The collection contains papers relating to the Sarah Pitt Collection includes newsletters, newspaper articles, radio broadcasts, pageant script, and notebooks.
The collection includes correspondence, receipts, farm records, and other papers of Thomas O. Sandy, a farmer in Nottoway County, Virginia and the first state demonstration agent for agricultural extension in Virginia. The papers relate to Sandy's farm, extension work, and estate.
The collection contains publications on topics including, but not limited to: war-time food use and victory gardens, home planning and organization, food and cooking, home demonstration, and household management. Although the emphasis in on Virginia state and local agencies, materials may also originate from around the United States.
The collection include photographs, slides, negatives, and audiotapes from Virginia 4-H State Shows, State Fairs, and other events throughout the state. 4-H programs began in Virginia in 1908, and since then, the Virginia Cooperative Extension, Virginia Tech, and Virginia State University have hosted the Virginia 4-H Horse Program, which emphasizes equine selection, nutrition, management, riding, and horsemanship.
This collection contains the administrative records of the Virginia Cooperative Extension, including correspondence, reports, financial documents, slides, videos, and the records of Bob Swain. The collection also documents the VCE's role in Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission, Virginia Association of Extension Secretaries, and their work within rural communities.
- Names: Virginia Cooperative Extension Service X
- University History 8
- Faculty 5
- University Archives 5
- History of Food and Drink 4
- 4-H clubs 3
- Agricultural extension work 3
- Women -- History 3
- Agriculture 2
- Food Technology and Production 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Culinary pamphlets 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Home demonstration work -- Virginia 1
- Home economics 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Students and alumni 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 6
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 6
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 5
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 3
- Barton, JoAnn 1
- Cameron, Janet L., 1904-1986 1
- Hertzler, Ann A., 1935-2014 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Johnson, Alice Webb 1
- Johnson, James F. 1
- National Extension Homemakers Council. Virginia Chapter (U.S.) 1
- National Home Demonstration Council. Virginia Chapter (U.S.) 1
- Pitts, Sarah, 1902-1940 1
- Sandy, Sallie Thweat Miller 1
- Sandy, Thomas O. (Thomas Oldham), 1857-1919 1
- Sandy, Thomas O., Jr. 1
- Thompson, Mary L. (Mary Lippard) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension. 4-H Youth Development 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Extension Division 1
- Wallace, Maude E., 1888(?)-1972 1
- Young, Harold N. 1 ∧ less