Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
The Agricultural Ephemera Collection was established in 2015. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (advertisements, order forms and blanks, postcards, clippings, and more) that relate to agriculture, farming, livestock, and poultry & fowl, dating from the late 19th century to the present.
The collection contains a series of cabinet card advertisements for the Altas Flour Mills of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, probably from the early part of the 20th century.
The Cocktail Ephemera Collection is a collection that was created in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (i.e., postcards, pamphlets, and adverstising ephemera) relating to the history of the cocktails, spirits, and wine, dating from the about the 1870s to the present.
Single-page advertising flyer and price list for J. E. Cooley, grocer, New York, NY, dated 1863.
The Culinary Ephemera Collection was established in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (postcards, menus, children's activities, advertising pamphlets, and more) that relate to food, nutrition, and medicine, dating from the early 19th century to the present.
This collection includes coupons and promotional materials for the food products of J.H. Filbert Inc., dating from the late 1950s.
This collection contains a song sheet for "Jeff Davis in his Wife's Clothes," published by A. W. Auner and Wanamaker & Brown's, Clothing Store, both of Philadelphia. The song depicts a comical representation of Jefferson Davis' defeat by the Union army during the American Civil War in 1865.
The collection consists of an advertisement from the Lowenback Brothers liquor distributors in Alexandria, Virginia, c.1910s.
The collection contains a single package catalog for the National Biscuit Company. Although the catalog is not dated, one item is from June 1931, suggesting the catalog is from about that time. It includes labels for more than forty crackers, cookies, and other snack items, and the back pages include sample display racks for stores.
- Subject: Advertisements X
- History of Food and Drink 12
- Ephemera 4
- Food Technology and Production 4
- Advertising cards 3
- Civil War 3
- Cocktail History Collection 3
- Cocktails -- History 3
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 3
- Postcards 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Agriculture 2
- Nutrition 2
- Patent medicines 2
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 1
- Beer 1
- Children -- Nutrition 1
- Culinary pamphlets 1
- Diseases 1
- Games 1
- Health 1
- Medicine 1
- Menus 1
- Music 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- History -- 1775-1865 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Photographs 1
- Puzzles and games 1
- Sweet 'N Low (Trademark) 1
- Trade cards 1
- Wine and wine making 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- National Biscuit Company 2
- Atlas Flour Mills (Milwaukee, WI) 1
- Auner, A. W. (Alfred Witman), 1826-1895 1
- Bernard Food Industries (Evanston, Illinois) 1
- Booth, John Wilkes, 1838-1865 1
- Cumberland Packing Corporation 1
- Davis, Jefferson, 1808-1889 1
- Herold, David E., 1842-1865 1
- Hotel St. Francis (San Francisco, Calif.) 1
- J. E. Cooley, General Commission Merchant (New York, (N.Y.)) 1
- J. H. Filbert, Inc (1917-1986) 1
- Lowenbach Brothers (Alexandria, Va.) 1
- Ross, Alice, 1930- 1
- Wanamaker & Brown 1 ∧ less