Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
The Agricultural Ephemera Collection was established in 2015. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (advertisements, order forms and blanks, postcards, clippings, and more) that relate to agriculture, farming, livestock, and poultry & fowl, dating from the late 19th century to the present.
Broadside entitled "Instructions for Using John W. Barnett's Patent Process for Curing Leaf Tobacco. Patented January 7th 1879." Barnett is identified as a resident of Big Spring, Montgomery County, Virginia.
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions was printed in Salem, Virginia in September 1851, and it contains directions on how to use C. M. Burnett's patent beveled wheat fan.
The Cotton Fabrics First Year Lecture Notebook was J. H. Hodgkinson's notebook from 1905-1906 for class at Manchester Municipal School of Technology.
The Cotton Weaving Class Notebook from 1914-1915 belonged to Alec Atkinson, a student at Nelson Municipal Technical School.
Document assessing the value of lands and enslaved persons held by Robert Edmiston, of Washington County, Virginia.
This collection include the papers of Sanford Bernell "Chuck" Fenne, a graduate of Virginia Tech (BS, 1927; MS, 1930), and a Virginia Agricultural Extension plant pathologist from 1939 to 1967. It includes correspondence, writings, biographical materials, photographs, a Virginia Tech scrapbook, and a photo album compiled during a year (1943-1944) spent working in Brazil for the Food Supply Division, Institute of Inter-American Affairs.
The collection includes receipts and more than 100 pieces of incoming and outgoing correspondence relating to M. L. Foley's business selling birds out of Salem, Virginia.
Diary written in October 1874 by an agent of the Virginia State Agricultural Society. Records the people he spoke to about the State Fair and membership in the VSAS as he traveled to Lexington, Charlottesville, and Alexandria.
- Subject: Agriculture X
- Agriculture 22
- Food Technology and Production 7
- History of Food and Drink 7
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 7
- Agricultural extension work 5
- Faculty 4
- University History 4
- Nutrition 3
- Science and Technology 3
- Advertisements 2
- Ephemera 2
- Home economics 2
- 4-H clubs 1
- Account books 1
- Advertising cards 1
- Agriculture -- Brazil 1
- Culinary pamphlets 1
- Diaries 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Ornithology 1
- Postcards 1
- Rappahannock County (Va.) 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Slavery -- United States 1
- Trade cards 1
- University Archives 1
- Virginia -- Maps 1
- Washington County (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 5
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 5
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 3
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 2
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 2
- 4-H All Stars. Virginia Chapter 1
- Atkinson, Alec 1
- Barnett, John W. 1
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Edmiston, Robert 1
- Fenne, Sanford Bernell, 1903-1978 1
- Foley, M. L. 1
- Hodgkinson, J. H. 1
- Johnston, P. 1
- Parsons, Bernard L. 1
- Rogers, William G. 1
- Ross, Alice, 1930- 1
- Snavely, Ambrose L., 1868-1934 1
- State Planters Bank and Trust Company (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Threlkeld, William Logan, 1893-1988 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1
- United States. War Food Administration 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1 ∧ less