Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
The collection consists of an illustrated scrapbook, detailing the set up for a household, possibly compiled for a new bride or a school assignment.
The Bartender's Cocktail Mixing Notebook [San Francisco, CA] contains typed cocktail recipes with directions for their creation in a small binder. Different sections include lesson plans for specific types of drinks, suggesting this was used in a bartending school or for bartending instruction.
This collection includes wine bottle labels collected by Frank Campbell, an entomologist with the National Academy of Science - National Research Council, and a manuscript draft of his European travel memoir, titled "Better Late."
The Cocktail Ephemera Collection is a collection that was created in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (i.e., postcards, pamphlets, and adverstising ephemera) relating to the history of the cocktails, spirits, and wine, dating from the about the 1870s to the present.
The collection consists of a letter from Joseph G. Dill to Daniel C. E. Brady, written from Richmond, Virginia, on May 30, 1862. Dill writes Brady on a variety of topics including recent war news, the challenges of sending mail through conflict zones, a recent fishing party, the warther, and the price of goods.
This collection contains an undated cocktail menu for the South Pacific Room of the El Mirador Hotel. The menu's cover depicts South Pacific art and the El Mirador Hotel name. On the inside the menu shows colorful depictions of the cocktails offered by the hotel bar. The name and price of each drink is written below the drink depictions.
This collection contains a glass plate with the image of a moonshine still near Ivanhoe, VA, c. 1932. There are also two black and white prints from the plate.
The Los Angeles Modern Bartending School Collection includes two bartending guides for students. The untitled “Bartender’s Guide” is likely from the 1930s, around 1935 and is presumed to be the first edition. It contains information on wines & wine service, bar preparation and maintenance, spirits, and cocktail recipes. The "277 Standard/100 Tropical Recipes" is a 1944 revised edition and includes cocktail recipes in two sections.
The collection consists of an advertisement from the Lowenback Brothers liquor distributors in Alexandria, Virginia, c.1910s.
The collection contains breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and beverage menus from the Norfolk & Western Railway, as well as two unused carbon copy checks for Norfolk & Western Railway's Dining Car Service.
- Subject: Cocktails -- History X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 5
- Advertisements 3
- Culinary pamphlets 2
- Ephemera (general object genre) 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 1
- Architecture (discipline) 1
- Beer 1
- Civil War 1
- Correspondence 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- History of Women in Architecture 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Postcards 1
- Prohibition -- United States -- History 1
- Railroad 1
- Roanoke (Va.) 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- Temperance 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wine and wine making 1
- Wine labels 1 ∧ less
- Bluthentahl & Bickart (1880-1919) (Georgia) 1
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Campbell, Frank Leslie, 1898-1979 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Hotel St. Francis (San Francisco, Calif.) 1
- Jordan, Joseph V. (Los Angeles Modern Bartending School) 1
- Los Angeles Modern Bartending School (before 1965) (Los Angeles, CA) 1
- Lowenbach Brothers (Alexandria, Va.) 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Old Kentucky Distillery (c.1880-1919) (Louisville, Kentucky) 1
- Olver, Lynne, d.2015 1
- Scholz, Henry 1
- Scholz, Louis A. 1
- Stimmel Distilling Company (Norfolk, Va) 1
- The Virginia Brewing Company (1889-1916) (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- United States. Bureau of Internal Revenue 1
- Woman’s Christian Temperance Union 1
- Woman’s Christian Temperance Union of Virginia 1 ∧ less