Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
2 copies, signed and numbered 1/25 and 2/25.
The collection consists of a commonplace book owned by Minnie Baughman of Richmond, Virginia. Mary Amelia Baughman, known as "Minnie," was the daughter of George and Mary Jane Greer Baughman and sister of Confederate soldiers, George, Jr., Greer H., Charles C., and Emilius A. Baughman. The book dates from November 1864 to July 1865 and contains Minnie's algebra work, French vocabulary, grammar, and a large amount of poetry and Confederate patriotic songs.
This collection includes a claim certificate issued by the Confederate States of America Treasury Department to Catherine Bowers of Staunton, Virginia, awarding her the back pay due to her husband who was killed while serving in the Confederate Army.
Letter from William Lewis Colley to sister, written from a hospital around Winchester, VA, September 3d, 1861. In the letter Colley describes how he accidentally shot off his little finger on his left hand while on picket duty on Millwood Pike near the Opequon River four miles from Winchester.
The collection contains a Confederate Provost Marshall's Pass issued to A.S. Bacon on November 11, 1864 at Lynchburg, Virginia. The pass granted Bacon permission to travel to Richmond, Virginia and is signed by Captain and Provost Marshal, Hiram C. Pierce. The opposite side of the pass has a printed Oath of Allegiance to the Confederate States of America.
The collection consists of signed Confederate States of America pass for R. (Robert?) J. Davis, dated May 9, 1862.
The collection contains a ledger with accounts kept by "Dr. C. B. Gardner Depository of the Treasury in a/c with the Treasury of the Confederate States" of Christiansburg, Virginia.
© 1960 by Paul Victorius (Charlottesvillve, Virginia)
- Subject: Confederate States of America X
- Confederate States of America 16
- Confederate States of America -- Social Life and Customs 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Richmond (Va.) 2
- Christiansburg (Va.) 1
- Confederate States of America -- Army -- Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- Lynchburg (Va.) 1
- Middlesex County (Va.) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Homefront 1
- Washington County (Va.) 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- Heilig, Vicki 3
- Baughman, Mary Amelia (Minnie), 1847-1917 1
- Bowers, Catherine 1
- Colley, William L. (William Lewis) (45th Regiment, Virgina Infanry/1st Virginia Cavalry) 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Infantry Regiment, 45th 1
- Confederate States of America. Department of the Treasury 1
- Confederate States of America. War Department 1
- Davis, R. J. 1
- Gardner, C. B. 1
- Griswold(?), E. 1
- Harvey, G 1
- Jones, E. P. 1
- Lee, Robert E. (Robert Edward), 1807-1870 1
- Paxton, James G. 1
- Prechtel, Don 1
- Riddick, Willis F. (Willis Faulke) 1
- Silvette, David, b.1909 1
- Wood, William B. 1 ∧ less