Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 19
The Agricultural Ephemera Collection was established in 2015. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (advertisements, order forms and blanks, postcards, clippings, and more) that relate to agriculture, farming, livestock, and poultry & fowl, dating from the late 19th century to the present.
The collections contains a receipt for D. S. Peirce dated September 18, 1874, for the purchase of apples from the New River Nursery in Jackson's Ferry, Wythe County, Va.
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions was printed in Salem, Virginia in September 1851, and it contains directions on how to use C. M. Burnett's patent beveled wheat fan.
Single-page advertising flyer and price list for J. E. Cooley, grocer, New York, NY, dated 1863.
The Culinary Ephemera Collection was established in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (postcards, menus, children's activities, advertising pamphlets, and more) that relate to food, nutrition, and medicine, dating from the early 19th century to the present.
The collection includes small publications and pamphlets created and distributed by culinary, appliance, and food-related companies from about the 1870s to the 1990s. Most pamphlets contain advertisements, recipes, product information, testimonials, or some combination of all four.
The collection contains a letter and broadside advertisement for De Laval Cream Separators, addressed to Mr. S. D. Stokes of Roanoke, Virginia, dated February 2, 1925, as well as a pamphlet for "The De Laval Cream Separator 'No. 10'."
The Educational Cookery Collection includes flyers, pamphlets, cooking school catalogs, recipes, menus, cookery lessons, and other ephemera relating to cookery and education, dating from the 1880s to the 1960s.
The Food Advertisement Collection consists of single page advertisements for a variety of food products, largely pulled from magazines. Items dates from 1894 to 1962, with the majority from the 1910s-1940s.
The collection contains statistical data compiled by the Food and Agricultural Education Information System regarding college enrollment and degrees in such majors as Agriculture, Family and Consumer Science, Forestry, Home Economics, and Renewable Natural Resources.
- Subject: Food Technology and Production X
- Agriculture 7
- Nutrition 6
- Advertisements 4
- Agricultural extension work 4
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 4
- Children -- Nutrition 3
- Culinary pamphlets 3
- Science and Technology 3
- Advertising cards 2
- Ephemera 2
- Ephemera (general object genre) 2
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Home economics 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Menus 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Patent medicines 2
- Postcards 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Civil War 1
- Games 1
- Health 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Medicine 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- History -- 1775-1865 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 1
- Puzzles and games 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Trade cards 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wythe County (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 2
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Bridges & Sanders. New River Nursery 1
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- De Laval Separator Company 1
- J. E. Cooley, General Commission Merchant (New York, (N.Y.)) 1
- Keyes, Ralph 1
- Quality Chemical Company 1
- Ross, Alice, 1930- 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1
- United States. War Food Administration 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1 ∧ less