Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Colonel William Christian Chapter, National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Records,
The Colonel William Christian Chapter, National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution Records contain administrative papers, memorabilia, documents relating to community work, and correspondence from the now disbanded Christiansburg, VA, chapter. Papers date from the mid 1930s to the 1990s.
This collection is a circa 1921 home remedies manual created by Samuel Hodgkins, a New York farmer. The manual contains recipes for making household items like paint and illness remedies for both humans and horses.
The collection consists of a daybook containing recipes, household remedies, and household cleaning tips, both handwritten and clipped from newspapers.
The Macon County, AL household book keeps: a variety of recipes and outline of slave duties. Entires within the book range from 1858 to 1918. Within the pages of the book, there are also a variety of letters and clipped articles kept in a scrapbook fashion.
The collection contains United States Department of Agriculture, War Food Administration, and other national agency publications from the early 20th century to the present day.
The collection includes correspondence, manuscript memoranda and recipe books, and family papers from the Godwin, Young, Trevey, Williams and other families of Botetourt, Rockbridge, and Roanoke Counties.
The collection contains publications on topics including, but not limited to: war-time food use and victory gardens, home planning and organization, food and cooking, home demonstration, and household management. Although the emphasis in on Virginia state and local agencies, materials may also originate from around the United States.
- Subject: Home economics X
- History of Food and Drink 6
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 3
- Traditional medicine 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Agriculture 2
- Food Technology and Production 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Christiansburg (Va.) 1
- Culinary pamphlets 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Nutrition 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- Bralley, John, 1797-1866 1
- Carter, Zoonomia D. Hoxey, fl.1840s-1850s 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Colonel William Christian Chapter (Christiansburg, Va.) 1
- Figgat, Nancy Godwin 1
- Godwin, Ann 1
- Hodgkins, Samuel (New York) 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1
- United States. War Food Administration 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1 ∧ less