Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
The collection consists of a partial memoir of Atkinson's American Civil War experiences. Atkinson served as a Confederate surgeon for the 10th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry, followed by appointments with the 31st Regiment, Virginia Infantry, and the Second Army Corps, Army of Nothern Virginia.
Diary for the year 1862 by William W. Barnett, a private in the 8th Pennsylvania Reserve Volunteer Corps.
This collection contains subject files, clippings, memorabilia and artifacts related to the American Civil War. There are seven series, five of which predominately contain Civil War materials. The other two series in the collection also contains files on other subjects of Billings' historical interests, including aspects of military and United States history.
This collection contains the papers and artifacts of an interrelated family prominent in Blacksburg's history. It includes the Civil War letters of Confederate surgeon Dr. Harvey Black, the Civil War diary of hospital steward John S. Apperson, cotton books and correspondence of Germanicus Kent, nineteenth-century account books of a Blacksburg general store, 1912 European travel diary, and the political scrapbooks of State Senator and Attorney General Harvey B. Apperson.
Four letters written by James H. Cronkhite (1827-1873), serving in Company I, 4th Minnesota Infantry during the American Civil War, to wife Jennie in Warsaw (Rice County), Minnesota, from camps and a division hospital in Mississippi.
The Guy Di Carlo, Jr., Civil War Research Papers consist of newsletters, newspapers clippings, photographs, newspapers articles, photocopies from published literature, maps, and calendars, related to American Civil War topics.
This collection includes correspondence received by Edgar R. Knapp while he was a steward at the U.S. military hospital in Annapolis, Maryland. Sixteen letters from his brother at home in Michigan, one from his sister, and eighteen from hospital patients or their parents.
The Edward L. Stratton Diary was written by a Civil War soldier who was in the 122nd Company of Pennsylvania, and it covers military action, army medicine, battle wounds, and hospital life and work.
- Subject: Medicine, Military -- History X
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries 6
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Montgomery County (Va.) 2
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Diseases 1
- Genealogy 1
- Huntsville (Ala.) 1
- Marion (Va.) 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental Histories -- Wisconsin 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- A. W. Luster 1
- Amiss, Edwin 1
- Apperson family 1
- Apperson, Alex 1
- Apperson, Elizabeth Black 1
- Apperson, Harvey Black, 1890-1948 1
- Apperson, John Samuel, 1837-1904 1
- Apperson, Mary 1
- Atkinson, Archibald, Jr., 1832-1903 1
- Barnett, William W., 1840-1876 (8th Regiment, Pennsylvania Reserve Infantry (37th Volunteers)) 1
- Billings, Elden E. 1
- Black family 1
- Black, Harvey, 1827-1888 1
- Black, Kent, active 1876-1890 1
- Black, Mary Kent, b.1836 1
- Caton, Louise 1
- Chronkhite, James H. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Stonewall Brigade 1
- Di Carlo, Guy, Jr. 1
- Eastern Lunatic Asylum of Virginia 1
- Harville, John McBride, 1839-1913 1
- Kent family 1
- Kent, Germanicus, 1791-1862 1
- Knapp, Edgar, b. abt.1836 1
- Lemon, Lewis 1
- Leonard, William A., b.1843(?) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Marion Foundry and Machine Works (Marion, Va.) 1
- Preston and Olin Institute (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Snead, Bess Duvall White 1
- Southwestern Lunatic Asylum of Virginia (1887-1935) 1
- Stratton, Edward L., Captain 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- W. Stone & Son 1
- White, Isaac, 1837-1889 1
- White, Mary Virginia Day, 1840-1922 1 ∧ less