Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
The collection consists of a Babcock's diary from 1864. Entries detail camp life throughout parts of Virginia, the siege at Petersburg, and his experiences with guard, orderly, and police duties. Babcock served with the 10th Regiment, New York Heavy Artillery.
The collection consists of seven letters written by brothers and Confederate soldiers, Greer and Emilius Baughman from locations in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia and the trenches around Petersburg, Virginia. Letters were written to family back home in Richmond between 1862 and 1865.
Daniel Blain was a Confederate soldier in the 1st Rockbridge Artillery during the American Civil War and later became a Presbyterian minister in Rockbridge County, Virginia. The collection contains four letters by Blain about his experiences during the war, while his diary discusses his life immediately after the war.
The collection consists of a letter from Union soldier Brigadier General Asa P. Blunt (1826-1889), written to an unidentified cousin, from Fort Monroe, Va., on June 10, 1864.
Three letters from Washburn (last name unknown), a Union soldier in the 14th Massachusetts Battery in the Civil War, to his brother and mother. Washburn writes in April and May 1865 from various places in Virginia about rumors of the soldiers being mustered out of service, souvenir hunters buying up Confederate money, and the effects of the war on the town of Petersburg, Virginia.
This collections contains papers relating to Charles Folsom who served as a Quartermaster with the 20th Regiment, Massachusetts Infantry in the latter years of the American Civil War.
The collection includes a single letter from Lewis M. Foster to his mother, written near Petersburg, Virginia, December 1864.
The collection contains three letters to W. S. Harris, two by John Puller (July and August 1863) and one by D. C. Cahill(?) (April 1863).
- Subject: Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 3
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries 3
- Virginia -- History 2
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- History of Food and Drink 1
- Maryland Campaign, 1862 1
- Medicine 1
- Medicine, Military -- History 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- Babcock, Willis A., b. abt. 1840-? 1
- Baughman, Emilius A. (Emilius Allen), 1844-1915 1
- Baughman, Greer H. (Greer Harry), 1840-1907 1
- Blain, Daniel 1
- Blunt, Asa Peabody, 1826-1889 1
- Cahill(?), D. C. 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Infantry Regiment, 21st 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Light Artillery Battalion, 38th 1
- Folsom, Charles W., 1826-1904 1
- Foster, Lewis M., b. abt. 1844 1
- Harris, W. S. 1
- Hoyt, Sarah J. 1
- Kelsey, Stephen R. 1
- Leonard, William A., b.1843(?) 1
- Mervine, Henry G. 1
- Puller, John 1
- Shipman, F. I. 1
- Shipman, Frederick E., 1845-1892 1
- Tinkle, William W. 1
- Woodward, Junius, b. abt. 1846/1847-1921 1 ∧ less