Wythe County (Va.)
Found in 47 Collections and/or Records:
A Settlement Map of Wythe County, Virginia, Giving the Names and Locations of Many of the Early Adventurers in the Territory from 1745 to 1858 (historical map) (2 copies)
This historical map of Wythe County, Virginia, was compiled from maps, historical records, and traditions by J. R. Hildebrand. It contains a brief history of the county surrounding the map, and on the map are identified locations for incidents of historical interest. The map is bordered by a list of names of men who, presumably, lived in the county. The bottom left corner contains a map of smaller scale, so one can find Wythe County in wouthwestern Virginia.
Austinville, Virginia Quadrangle. U. S. Geological Survey, 1965. 22 x 27 in. [FOLDER C-5]
The collections contains a receipt for D. S. Peirce dated September 18, 1874, for the purchase of apples from the New River Nursery in Jackson's Ferry, Wythe County, Va.
The collection contains a ledger containing list of delinquent Wythe County, Virginia taxpayers and details of church fund accounts and maintained by George Brown, a Wythe County assistant county clerk and also apparently a church clerk or treasurer.
Ledger maintained by H. A. Buchanan of Wythe County, Virginia, acting as agent for Fayetta Peterson (aka Mrs. W. J. Peterson). Entries document Buchanan's work in maintaining Peterson's books; collecting dividends, rent and interest; and paying taxes.
This collection contains three letters from "produce commission merchant" C. E. Sydnor & Co. of Richmond, Virginia, to the Tarter Brothers of Rural Retreat, primarily related to the purchase and shipment of cabbages.
The collection consists of a letter from C. M. Cassell to his aunt, Fannie Yonce of Wytheville, VA.
This collection consists of a printed list of Confederate veterans living in Wythe County, Virginia, in 1897.
Cripple Creek, Virginia Quadrangle. U. S. Geological Survey, 1968. 22 x 27 in. [FOLDER C-5]
This collection contains a document listing the enslaved persons and land held by Robert Crockett of Wythe County, Virginia.